• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Chassis Design

FM5332FF

So I have been wanting to build a buggy for as long as I can remember and Im finally getting the money together so I can start. I bought Bendtech Pro and I have built a couple of designs that I like but I finally got it Exactly how I want it.
I plan on running a LQ4 6.0 Motor, Th400, and a Dana 300 transfer case, Rockwell steering axles front and rear and FOA Coils. Im going to call it Project "Crack Rock" because wheeling is addicting as crack. Let me know what you think.

Crackrock3.jpg

Crackrock2.jpg

Crackrock1.jpg

in your spare time how about drawing us a 4 seater design of the first one at least. If your gonna run rockwells mite as well build a big party machine. honestly they all look like proven designs minus alot of bracing especially in the frame rail area. If you run this design in my opinion your gonna need lighter axles.
Good job---- nice program---- and ----good luck 8) 8) 8) 8)

there will be alot more bracing and triangulation added to the frame rails and the rest of the chassis, all three pictures are the same buggy just different angles. I could design a 4 seater. It only took a couple of hours for this one.

I could run a 205. But with a 300 the gearing would be a bit lower, But again with the 205 they are a bit stronger... Maybe it will end up with a 205.. The end goal of this buggy is something I can beat the hell out of and not have to worry about too much breakage.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Why not run a 205 if you are running rocks? Dana 300s are weak. Ask me how I know.... ::)
Ummm... how do you know?
Ive been running mine for a while and it has held up great... even when i was running 5.13/5.38 gears (mispackaged) with Krawlers half full of water :dunno: :****:
Nice looking BTPro drawing :dblthumb:

I broke a 4.1 gear set in mine, thankfully it was prior to the warranty being out so I got replacements free. By the time you spend the money for a gear set, and upgraded outputs and yokes and shifters.... just buy an Atlas.

P said:
I broke a 4.1 gear set in mine, thankfully it was prior to the warranty being out so I got replacements free. By the time you spend the money for a gear set, and upgraded outputs and yokes and shifters.... just buy an Atlas.

Yeah, I'm about a grand deep in mine and still running stock gears...