• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My New Project

cadpwrdyj

Just thought some of the folks on here would like to see my new project that's being delivered this week. It's gonna be a project my Dad and I are going to work on. He's retired and I think he will enjoy tinkering with it in his abundant spare time.

Chevelle.jpg

How about some spec's or at least a wish list for that fine unit. Going to be a great father son project. :dblthumb:

Specs as it sits, been sitting in dry storage for 26 years so all the interior dry rotted, but no rust to speak of at this point....
-69 chevelle malibu convertible
-307 engine
-th350 tranny its a column shift, so I think that should make it a th350
-factory A/C
-Factory power brakes
-10 bolt rear end

Wish List
-Motor really up in the air at this point, but I am thinking 6.0 with an overdrive tranny to really be able to cruise around in it. If the motor and trans are original, gonna keep those so it can always be put back if need be.
-Body work is mostly done, so paint at this point will be black
-Interior back all stock in black
-Convertible top black
-Lowered a little to give it the right stance and then drive her

Not trying to make a show car, just a fun reliable driver

Awesome, I would love to be able to restore an old ride when my son gets old enough to drive. I agree that the old Ragtop needs to go back to original in appearance with a hint of badass under the hood. NOTHING like a good sleeper car to cruise around with the top down on a sunny day. Keep up on the photos as I would like to follow your build. :dblthumb:

Bump for Dad's pad in the background. Looks like he retired well. drool

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
No **** dude lives in a castle! ;D

Ha...I wished..that was taken at the place in Texas where I am getting it from.. He has cars galore to drool over... If pops had that kinda money, I would be making him buy the car for us to work on not me...lol

cadpwrdyj said:
Ha...I wished..that was taken at the place in Texas where I am getting it from.. He has cars galore to drool over... If pops had that kinda money, I would be making him buy the car for us to work on not me...lol

Can't hide the cabbage $$$$ Big Dog... :popcorn: