• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My (Randy's Rock Rods)build

Maybe the compression stroke loosened something up, but it definitely pulled apart on extension. Not only was that side extending, but the other side got hit pretty hard which would have forced the left side down even harder...BOOM!

drivermod said:
I've seen a remote reservoir blow on compression. Too much oil in it.
well I wouldn't think these had to much oil in them there brand new untouched from fox I haven't found any one that wants to tune them for me only thing I have done is charge them to 150# of nitrogen

Ok thanks I need them tuned bad I not sure if it had anything to do with it but u can watch the videos and see that the back of my buggy bouces uncontrollably up most of the hills with any speed but everyone I call is either to busy or don't want to mess with a NO name rock bouncer maybe I can get T.C. to to touch it then I will never have to worry about parts or help again :flipoff1:

clemsonjeep said:
Why was the guy with the extinguisher just standing at the back of the buggy while everyone was screaming FIRE?

a better question is why did the recovery crew not have fire extinguishers in hand to begin with.

I am not sure why there wasn't no one was spraying a fire extinguisher but it didn't burn nothing but the header wrap the fire was cause by brake fluid coming out of the mastercly one of them had the top knocked off

Maybe they should designate 2 guys from the recovery crew to do nothing but hang out with extinguishers. 1 back near the tank and 1 up near the engine compartment, I can see it being pretty hard to get from one end to the other quickly if the buggy is on a ledge or wedged somewhere.

This is possibly my favorite build, it doesn't sound crazy and looks smooth until the boost hits and all hell breaks loose :driving: thumb.gif

This thing is crazy - had to go read the whole thread! I didn't see an power numbers, what are you estimating for HP and Torque?

Not sure on power really I am putting 18#s of boost in it out of 2 60mm turbos so there's enough air for 800hp but I am running a very safe tune so I would guess we are around the 600hp range at full tilt but :dunno:

Rohlingoffroad said:
Not sure on power really I am putting 18#s of boost in it out of 2 60mm turbos so there's enough air for 800hp but I am running a very safe tune so I would guess we are around the 600hp range at full tilt but :dunno:

600 to the tire :****:

That's ridiculous! I love that you've got 600hp and a nearly disposable botttom end.

TRD said:
That's ridiculous! I love that you've got 600hp and a nearly disposable botttom end.

The first time I saw this rig was at the Grey Rock ride earlier this year. I was keeping a lookout for it, but the first time I rode by it I didn't know it because it definitely doesn't sound like a V8...more like a Jetta TDI. At least that's the case until he mashes the skinny pedal!

Latest posts