• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Need 16.5" steel wheels.. Dam they hard to find

kushKrawlin

So apparently these are hard to find a used. Around Atlanta anyway. If anyone has a set they would be willing to get rid of please let me know. Bolt pattern is 8x 6.5 .. Need as little backspacing as possible. Text me at 404-8892714, Casey. If you're not to far from 30180 Ga (west of Atlanta) and have a set please text. Will purchase or I have a **** ton of parts I could trade. Thanks!! (Just plain ole wagon wheels, steel of course) thanks!

kushKrawlin said:
So apparently these are hard to find a used. Around Atlanta anyway. If anyone has a set they would be willing to get rid of please let me know. Bolt pattern is 8x 6.5 .. Need as little backspacing as possible. Text me at 404-8892714, Casey. If you're not to far from 30180 Ga (west of Atlanta) and have a set please text. Will purchase or I have a **** ton of parts I could trade. Thanks!! (Just plain ole wagon wheels, steel of course) thanks!

I've got two 16.5 wheels 8x6.5

Oh I have a set of 24 bolts. Was just fixing to pull the trigger on re-centering them, then it occurred to me; Rock rings and PVC inserts and I'll have about $700 or so in wheels and I'm not even sure if the tires will work.. They may be too wide. I know one thing that won't work, and that is a stock H1 wheel.. My goodness the backspacing is insane. It's 7" and I need no more than 3,5.

cmoultrie said:
I've got two 16.5 wheels 8x6.5
Sendin Ya A PM buddy.

Re:

hjpcummins said:
Was going to run to Summit.. Cheapest ones are still going to be near 300. Don't give me wrong not a bad price, just sucks to say so many for sale for around 100 or 150 a set in other areas.. I'm sure just like every single thing that I buy, i'll find it half price a week later if I buy it new..

If you're recentering wheels why can't you get any backspacing you want?

And if you truly want a ****-ton of offset / almost no backspacing, I have heard that some of the mud crowd guys will cut the center out of an H1 rim and machine a simple plate that bolts between the two halves of the H1 wheel with the 8-lug pattern in the center of it. Then they run the wheel backwards. This results in roughly a 10" wide wheel with 1" of backspacing.

I've also heard they will do the same thing only bolt two back-halves together instead of a front and a back. This makes something like a 15" wide rim with 8" of backspacing.

Then take the two front halves, bolt them together, and you have a double-beadlocked bicycle rim that's heavy as all hell! :)

patooyee said:
If you're recentering wheels why can't you get any backspacing you want?

And if you truly want a ****-ton of offset / almost no backspacing, I have heard that some of the mud crowd guys will cut the center out of an H1 rim and machine a simple plate that bolts between the two halves of the H1 wheel with the 8-lug pattern in the center of it. Then they run the wheel backwards. This results in roughly a 10" wide wheel with 1" of backspacing.
you know why patooyee:. Everything I read says the flat centers are so much weaker.. The pressed Center's only have certain backspacing. I think 3 1/2 would be okay, or very close to it.. When I had the 44 's with 15x10" wheel (3.5 b/s) on my rig the tire barely, and I mean barely hit strut .. So I Was thinking with those boggers, and narrower wheel like the H1 they may be fine. I think the boggers are an inch skinnier also.. And don't get me wrong I would much rather have the flat centers, that way I can have something that didn't look like everyone else's.. But when I read that something is weaker I usually think about my bad luck and get the strongest. Sure would like to hear someone that has ran Flat centers. I'm really close to buying some and sayin **** it..
And what are the chances of having three people that have two wheels!?? Hahah

The rockwell bolt pattern is different than 8 lug, it leaves a lot less center to deform. But I run 3/8 flat centers right now, did when I owned those tires. You saw my backflip video. Look how hard that right rear tire planted into the side of that hill on that initial hit. It broke four 9/16 grade 9 steering arm bolts and bent a grade 8 3/4" bolt but the wheel is fine, still running it. I think 1/4" flat centers are prone to bending but I wouldn't worry so much about 3/8. Go 1/2" if you're really that worried about it. You can easily achieve the BS you want with a flat center.

You can also gusset the centers in on H1s I have seen it done and there is a place that sells the centers with gussets I think its called rouge fab not sure on the name.

Latest posts