• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need a cad drawing ????

NTIDWELL

Got a buddy needing a cad drawing of a knuckle he wanting to produce that way he can take said drawing to machine shop and they whip one out on cnc. Anyone do this on here or know anyone that'll hook a :afro: up

What software does he want it done in, and what kinda timeline? Does he have a pretty good sketch/hand drawing already done?

You're not going to "whip one out" on a cnc. There is several setup that have to be made so you can hold the part to be able to machine knuckles. You wouldn't get a shop to touch it, I say this owning a machine shop. Tell him that's why most places either cast them or make them out of plates and weld them up. Oversion is tge only ones that I know machines them out of a chunk a steel and he gets 2 g's a corner. He's so confident of how hard his would be to reproduce that he posted pictures up of the setups on pirate in the Rockwell hybrid thread, might be worth looking up so you could see what it would take to machine them. And they would have to be drawn up in 3 d. So you would need someone pretty handy with solid works

Elliott said:
You're not going to "whip one out" on a cnc. There is several setup that have to be made so you can hold the part to be able to machine knuckles. You wouldn't get a shop to touch it, I say this owning a machine shop. Tell him that's why most places either cast them or make them out of plates and weld them up. Oversion is tge only ones that I know machines them out of a chunk a steel and he gets 2 g's a corner. He's so confident of how hard his would be to reproduce that he posted pictures up of the setups on pirate in the Rockwell hybrid thread, might be worth looking up so you could see what it would take to machine them. And they would have to be drawn up in 3 d. So you would need someone pretty handy with solid works
. He got contacted today from ole boy. Sorry boys wasn't a knuckle he is maken he make a C he tryn to go 14 bolt to planetary Yes already been in contact with randy on them And he wants 2gs a C to custom make em anyone seen anything like this