• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need Buggy Dash Ideas

kushKrawlin said:
Very hard for most. But you would know from the looks of your buggy , if you did that yourself. That **** is VERY nice. hitit i wish like hell i knew how to do that. How thick is the metal you used? Good work. And of course the others are fawkin amazing also.. Cant imagine what one would cost. Ill never know thats for sure.
Thanks for the comment yeah I did build it myself I used 16ga on the dash and 14ga for the side panels and floor panels it is very time consuming but I was not working on any kind of schedule since it was mine

Still in the works, but its something to look at for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20140717_205012.jpg
    IMG_20140717_205012.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 182
Working on MDF plugs to lay fiberglass over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 135
jeeptj99 said:
looks good. How much will the fiberglass and mdf add to the weight?

MDF is just a plug (mold) for the fiberglass. His will be super light weight and you can paint fiberglass in automotive finish just like aluminum.

As stated above the MDF is just a plug and will be disgarded once the fiberglass is pulled away from it. I am guessing the fiberglass dash will be less than 3 lbs. it will be three seperate pieces for easy removal of the side pieces to access master cylinders on driverside and battery on passenger side. Five gauges will mount in the center piece: tach, oil press, water temp, trans temp and volt meter.