• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need help on orbital

84turbotoy

I am trying to get my steering right and was pretty illiterate on steering when i built it, my problem is i cant turn while stopped. I was hoping someone knows how to find the displacement on my valve.

8u4avyse.jpg

Sent with telegraph

I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess im in the market for a new orbital. would that be the reason i cant turn? I know my pump is putting out about 1200 psi. my ram is 2 3/8" bore at 6' travel.

Re: Re: Re: need help on orbital

84turbotoy said:
I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess im in the market for a new orbital. would that be the reason i cant turn? I know my pump is putting out about 1200 psi. my ram is 2 3/8" bore at 6' travel.

If you know the pump is putting out pressure (T fitting and gauge I assume?), then the orbital or ram have to be problem. Does the steering wheel lock up, or just keep turning without moving the wheels?

I just put a new piston seal in the cylinder so I know its not bypassing in the cylinder, the steering wheel is solid when i try to turn it sitting still. I did tee the pressure hose and put a test gauge on it for the reading i have and the orbital was brand new when I got it, it just seems like it shouldnt be this hard to steer.