• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help

chembree

My wife's car keeps shutting off ( 2004 Nissan Altima ) but if it sets a while it will start back up....... Sometimes it runs fine then it takes a spell that it runs like crap took it to advance and the computer says crank sensor is bad so I replaced it and still no luck does it have to be reprogrammed after the sensor is replace ...... This thing has me beatin my head on the wall ....

Did U reset the ecu after u put the sensor on if not some cars have a fuse u can pull or just unhook the battery for five minutes or so and try that and if u got a factory radio make sure u don't need a code if it looses power, sucks pulling a factory head unit out just to get a number to call dealer with and get the code cus NO ONE writes it in the place in the manual but good luck man

Your supposed to change all crank and cam sensors . Locations depend on engine size. 2.5 or 3.5. Then keep some backups in the glove box. I worked for Nissan from 99 to 04.

Dealer item only :****: aftermarkets suck and he is correct replace both of them and keep a spare set laying around. Those sensors are junk.

X2 or 3 replace the cam and crank sensors with factory parts. I've swapped out a ton of them.

I have seen a flywheel crack around the crank to the point it was in 2 pieces, but would still start fine. It kept throwing a crank sensor code.

tc1 said:
Dealer item only :****: aftermarkets suck and he is correct replace both of them and keep a spare set laying around. Those sensors are junk.

YEA,,,,,,also see "STAY THE HELL AWAY from a DAMN NISSAN anything :****:"

Had a v6 maxima same year that if one of the cam sensors was unplugged it would start and run. Wouldn't start or run with it plugged up. I think a timing chain may have jumped a tooth.