• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help!!!!

1tonxj

My brother took his 02 4cyl tj mudding to realize the gas cap was missing. Now the jeep has a loss of power while going down the road, doesn't wanna rev up quick or high while in gear. I drove it and turned to go up hill and in 1st gear it wouldn't rev past 3k and just felt like it didn't wanna go. In neutral the jeep revs up fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

al1tonyota said:
Sounds like a restriction did he back into anything and bend the tail pipe or collapse the exhaust somewhere under the jeep?
Not that I'm aware of, I'll have him come by and check

Re:

Check the fuel pressure at idle and rev it, its probably dropping while revving but not noticeable till a load is on it. I had an xj doing the same exact thing.

Not yet fixing to drop the tank and check it, jeep will rev fine in neutral. Been taking him to work since he lives 50 yards from me. Just now getting time to mess with it so hopefully we can get it fixed today

Re: Need help!!!!

1tonxj said:
Not yet fixing to drop the tank and check it, jeep will rev fine in neutral. Been taking him to work since he lives 50 yards from me. Just now getting time to mess with it so hopefully we can get it fixed today
I'd go rent a fuel pressure tester from orielly befor droping the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk