• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need opinions on heim joints

Re: Re: Need opinions on heim joints

i just bought ballistic fab joints to redo my lowers they have good prices and quality, may want to check them out, those ebay joints dont look too bad tho.... so basically i am no help at all

scared to death!!!!!

THey are basically the same price as Barnes4wd joints (and Barnes runs sales pretty often also)

The one thing I noticed about them is that the mounting width of the ebay joints is 2.23" instead of 2.625".

If you are going to use pre-made link brackets, virtually ALL of them are made to 2.625" width, because that is what 95% of the standard flex joints/johnny joints/etc are.

Just something to keep in mind.

Oh, and Barnes has the option of 3/4" through bolts for their misalignments.

If I was building a rig with 1.25" heims, I would at least run a 3/4" bolt through them!

there is no replacement for a quality heim joint. i'm running ruff stuff 7/8 uppers and QA1 1 1/4 lowers. the lowers are all shot after 2 years. i haven't looked too deep into the uppers but the liner in the QA1's are trashed. do they still function, yes. are they sloppy and noisy, YES................ i'm either gonna look into a better quality QA1 joint or something else hopefully better

IMO i wouldn't buy heims off ebay.

TBItoy said:
THey are basically the same price as Barnes4wd joints (and Barnes runs sales pretty often also)

The one thing I noticed about them is that the mounting width of the ebay joints is 2.23" instead of 2.625".

If you are going to use pre-made link brackets, virtually ALL of them are made to 2.625" width, because that is what 95% of the standard flex joints/johnny joints/etc are.

Just something to keep in mind.

Oh, and Barnes has the option of 3/4" through bolts for their misalignments.

If I was building a rig with 1.25" heims, I would at least run a 3/4" bolt through them!

I noticed the 2.23 width too. Im trying to replace my wore out johnny joints and theyre 2.625 so I'll probably have to stick to something the same width to fit my brackets.

kyjari001 said:
I noticed the 2.23 width too. Im trying to replace my wore out johnny joints and theyre 2.625 so I'll probably have to stick to something the same width to fit my brackets.

thumb.gif

I'd wait till Barnes or Ruffstuff has a sale and jump on that then

TBItoy said:
thumb.gif

I'd wait till Barnes or Ruffstuff has a sale and jump on that then

Just checked out Barnes4x4. A set of their heim joints is $400 for a set so I think I'll spend the extra $25 and buy them. Plus I signed up for their news letter so maybe theyll send me a promotion code soon :dblthumb: thanks for the info

I just bought some 1.25" from Rockwell offroad .com I paid 380 dollars for 8 heims jam nuts bungs and spacers and they where here in 3 days free shipping to
Hope this helps

I signed up for Barnes newsletter weeks ago and still havent gotten any promos from them. He is still cheaper than Ruffstuff is witha 20 percent off code.