• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need third maybe fourth opinion on this D60pattern

im almost wondering if these might be fake spicer gears. they have spicer stamped into them but if you look closely at the teeth grind its not smooth at all. it looks like tool marks in the face of the gears. they were sold as new but they look suspicious to me. :eeek:

you cant see any polished wear pattern so i dont think they have been run yet.:stirpot:

im almost wondering if these might be fake spicer gears. they have spicer stamped into them but if you look closely at the teeth grind its not smooth at all. it looks like tool marks in the face of the gears. they were sold as new but they look suspicious to me. :eeek:

you cant see any polished wear pattern so i dont think they have been run yet.:stirpot:

It'd be worth a call, or email with a couple pics to the supplier I think...:awesomework: the test set I got mentioned earlier had red marking compound---shoulda been my first clue, and a call confirmed my suspicion...

Bummer man:booo:...hope you can find out...IMO, gears are something I hate buying from private parties unless it is NIB, and a receipt can be provided...unless of course the price is low enough, then I might take my chances...

Bummer man:booo:...hope you can find out...IMO, gears are something I hate buying from private parties unless it is NIB, and a receipt can be provided...unless of course the price is low enough, then I might take my chances...

well here's the thing i traded sme parts for a front 60 and it came with a brand new set of 6.17 "spicer" :rb: