• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need toyota help again ???

rookiezuke

i have bought some cheap brackets off ebay to convert my rear brakes to disc and it say i have to use 83-85 4x4 front disc on the rear but i have went and got two different sets and they do not clear the axle has any one had this issue any help is appreciated thanks

I think you are supposed to put them on the back of the axle and press the wheel studs through them.

Or if you want slip on rotors, get 96 tacoma rotors and grind down the OD of the axle flange so the rotor can slip over

yep just did this swap as i already had the parts. same brackets you bought.
i will try and find the thread i used. but you put the rotor on behind the flange and use 2wd front wheel studs through the rotor and axle flange.
and you will have to space the brackets back off the axle about a 1/4 of an inch.
getting the bearing pocket and drum backing plate is the hardest works well if you put two of the bolts back in the bearing pocket and slam the axle down on a piece of wood, only after you have removed the c-clip holding the pocket on

o ok that makes sense i didnt try that ill look into that when i get home if u can find thay build thread u are talking about that would be awesome thanks for yalls help