• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New adventure

halcat

Be easy on me JohnG, this is an off road ride. Guys, I just purchased a new to me boat , 350 chaparral, in north Sarasota Florida and me, the wifey and Rockwell 1 are going down this Thursday to pick it up and going to cruise down the coast to north ft myers. Going to be spending some time there this winter as I have a motor home lot there. This will be a 100+ mile trip and will definitely be a good adventure. We will pick te boat up and mess around with it there for the first day to get used to it and spend the night on the boat, then head out early the next morning. It's only a one day trip but what the hell, beats hanging around the house. I'll try to post some pics.

I would love to take a boat from Miami down to the Bahamas and cruise the islands.

Elliott said:
I would love to take a boat from Miami down to the Bahamas and cruise the islands.

I used to live in port Lucaya Grand Bahamas while building a 110' yacht and made that puddle jump in a 27' Boston Whaler a number of times. Great fun but be prepared for anything. Have fun. :dblthumb:

We are going to the Bahamas next June. Rockwell 1's boat is s fastec 353 and we are planning that trip. He said he won't run off and leave me. I plan on cutting across the Caloosahatchee river and coming out at Stuart fl, meeting him there and we are off. Should be another good adventure.

Boat worked great and trip went great. 100 miles and only ran aground once. Damn the water gets shallow fast in places . we ended getting out in the gulf for two thirds of the trip. The first half of the day was low tide. Loosing a foot and a half of water don't sound like much but when there s only three feet to start with that's critical. Ate lots of good sea food (stone crabs are in season and local) and got sunburned. The boat ended up cursing at 20-30 mph and toped out at 41. That don't sound fast but for a 37 footer that's good enough. I'm headed to key west in mid january and plan on heading to grand bahama in late spring. Steve took some pics maybe he will post some soon.

zukimaster said:
Dang that sounds fun, I want to make the trip from Miami to Freeport and Bimini on my boat.

Making that trip on a jet ski is on my bucket list. I know it's been done before and on paper is extremely doable but real world is a little different. I also want to know what the legality is. Either way, I gotta do it or I can't die. It made the list.

creepycrawly said:
Making that trip on a jet ski is on my bucket list. I know it's been done before and on paper is extremely doable but real world is a little different. I also want to know what the legality is. Either way, I gotta do it or I can't die. It made the list.

Paging Bahama Bob

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

All you need is a passport you could take a rowboat if you wanted to. I think you hav to take extra gas for the jet ski.If anyone is up for a boating trip and you hav the boat for it just let us know we go on several a year.I hav pictures of last weekend coming.

Sorry about the music if anybody knows how to put better music to it hav at it.Facebook and u tube hav this copyright thing about using peoples music. This was a fun adventure and we got to see a lot of the ICW.

Great vidio Steve, but the music makes me want to jump in the ocean. I'm headed back there tomorrow for a couple weeks. Maybe I'll practice docking that thing and not look so stupid. Merry Christmas everybody!

That's awesome! I'd love to take a trip like that at some point in my life! Congrats on the new boat. Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk