• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new axle

monkey54

i seen these axles at a we rock race in colorado springs. not sure what they are but there is only 20. the guy i talked to said that the shop he works at has 16 of them. think the name of the shop was bent and twisted offroad

[attachment deleted by admin]

It's just the new drop out 14 bolts. Been out for a little while now. There pretty sick, Jim is building a couple of buggies with them. However they are freaking huge.

Jim's Garage is what Cole was talking about. Those 14b's are made by Solid Axle. PortaTek started the 14b dropout design but went under due to poor business pratices and mgmt. There are few people with the OG14's from PT but it is lots of coin. Solid then copied the design and there were a car or two with them at KOH this year. RuffStuff is making the fabricated housings for them. Jimmy's 4x4 had most of the first 14b dropouts built, and Bent and Twisted is a Jimmy's supplier. They are indeed pimp and allow you to build a lighter 14b. There is a company working on a drop out 60 also, called the 69. They have had production issues but I hear it is close to being done.

Matt O. said:
Solid then copied the design
*nit picking here* :flipoff1:
The thirds are entirely different from front to back, except for the fact that they use 14 bolt parts so they were chained to those parameters. The bolt pattern is different, the way the bearings are housed is different, caps and all are 100% different.
They are pretty badass, I'd like to sell one if they'd release some to me :flipgotcha:

Anyone know how much a Soild 14 bolt weighs? Kind of hard question to answer as it's likely no two will be the same.

Blase said:
Anyone know how much a Soild 14 bolt weighs? Kind of hard question to answer as it's likely no two will be the same.

Way too much bling for a swamp buggy, move along.

Blase said:

Ask RR.....although his is using a Cromo housing...

Jim's Garage #20 spy pic

256986_1894154791229_1162346591_31803046_4105967_o.jpg

266968_1894159031335_1162346591_31803051_8474_o.jpg

B Gillespie said:
Way too much bling for a swamp buggy, move along.

That's the MexiCAN'Ts in you talking.......move along. laughing1

For those that don't know Houston had MexiCAN'Ts not MexiCANs :****: