• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new guy has some questions

I have no clue what he's got for a tranny just wrote what he said i havent has time to go look at it sence he ask about doing this. All i. Know Is he's got a truck that has a 04 frame/ body has a running engine and working tranny that we was thing of trying to use in a buggy. The whole point of making this tread was to get info from you guys to see if that would even work taken that stuff outta the truck and running it untill he has money for better parts if it's not a good idea or just plan with work then we aren't gonna do it..

You want our info? You have been given several very good opinions, all coming from guys who have real world experience. That being said, my suggestion is to read, search, read, search and repeat. If you can't find a specific answer to a question, don't post up looking for an easy out. The reason being is simple, if u can't figure it out by reading and searching, you'll never get it figured out when you are in the shop. Trust me, your not going to reinvent the wheel with your first build. Somewhere, it has been done, and you can find the answer. And in the planning/learning phase, save every dime like your life depends on it, because it WILL COST MORE THAN YOU THINK!!!! (I know I'm yelling, just want to make sure you heard it!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to use the motor tranny and tcase but I've never seen anyone use a IFS ( independent front suspension ) in a buggy for trail riding or hill climbing I think you will want to get different front and rear axles for it. I'm not an expert but hope this helps good luck and post some pics when y'all get started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on your knowledge of things from your posts, I don't see that you are ready to build any sort of buggy yet, especially a safe one. Sounds like you have lots to learn before grabbing the bull by the horns.

Like most have recommended, buy something cheap and ready to wheel first, go wheeling, read A LOT, then try your hand at fabbing if you still think you have what it takes. :dblthumb: