• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Newer Ford Owners....

J.A.B

So I've been thinking about getting a 2011 up Ford lately. I do a good bit of in town driving and my Duramax would take days to complete a regen cycle before I tuned it. How bad are the Fords / what is the time or duration needed to complete the regen.

Any complaints about the truck overall?

I bought a 2012 f350 King Ranch single wheel last December. Over all its a great truck. I have 35k miles on mine now and do alot of towing. A few things to be aware of. They are still having problems with the front end and death woble. At 12k miles mine started. They ended up having to replace alot of stuff in the front end. The other thing is the 20" wheel. Not alot of tire choices for the truck. With all the towing mine eats through the tires.

Thanks, can you tell me about the regen cycle. How long it takes to complete when no highway driving?

I have a 2012 F-450 with 28 k miles and I do alot of intown driving, I have never had to do a manual regen or pull over for the truck to do a regen. Every know and then It will pop up on the dash saying it is cleaning the exaust but other than that I have nver noticed it.

I have a 2012 6.7 also and so far it has been a great truck. I've almost had it a year and it has 24k miles on it. I do a lot of in town driving and towing on the weekends. The Regen isn't really noticeable. However at 23k miles I had to have a Low Pressure fuel pump, they said it happens from time to time. I would make the same choice again.
Only thing I miss about my Duramax was EFI LIVE and the heated seats because the Ford Seats aren't as good as the Duramax ones.

I have a 2011 F350 DWR Lariat. I have 62k on it and so far so good. Only thing it has been in for is oil changes. Like others said, the notice pops up on the dash saying the exhaust is being cleaned. Do not even notice it other than the notification. It is a solid truck, the motor is strong. You would not be disappointed.

I have a 2011 f450 with a 12 box on back hauling around 12000 pounds everyday and have had no problems other than trans started slipping around 20k. Did a computer flash and never had a problem again. Hauling that weight I get about 9 mpg. That sucks but at 30k it's still a good truck. Would buy it again.

I've got a 2012 F250 6.7. I like it pretty good so far. Its got 16.5 running 85+ on the way to arkansas with my my boat full of crap and the bed loaded down. Still gets 16+ with my zuki buggy behind it. I'm not sure it has the same power as my 06 dmax. But, I hopefully I 'll have the money soon to turn c.smith loose on it and fix that problem....

i'v had mine now for 1.5 weeks, i do a lot of highway driving, but after owning a Ford 6.0L prior, i love this truck. fuel milage is great and plenty of power even stock :****:

Cole said:
I have a 2012 6.7 also and so far it has been a great truck. I've almost had it a year and it has 24k miles on it. I do a lot of in town driving and towing on the weekends. The Regen isn't really noticeable. However at 23k miles I had to have a Low Pressure fuel pump, they said it happens from time to time. I would make the same choice again.
Only thing I miss about my Duramax was EFI LIVE and the heated seats because the Ford Seats aren't as good as the Duramax ones.

Hey Cole, what made you switch brands? I currently have a Duramax and have been doing some light shopping for a new truck. I'm leaning toward another Duramax but have yet to delve into all the new emissions crap to consider.

Rockjock said:
Hey Cole, what made you switch brands? I currently have a Duramax and have been doing some light shopping for a new truck. I'm leaning toward another Duramax but have yet to delve into all the new emissions crap to consider.

Hated IFS suspension, Ford has more room, Power of Ford is pretty crazy compared to the Duramax I had and I really liked the way the new Fords looked. I hated where the Urea tank is mounted on the duramax, it's an eye sore hanging underneath the passenger door. Once I drove the Ford and the price I got for I just couldnt pass it up. My duramax was a great truck, especially for what I put it through. I hope this Ford holds up half as well.

Re: Re: Newer Ford Owners....

I don't have the newer 6.7 but on the powerstroke forum they say the 6.4's have more power. I have a 6.4 tuned to a max of 650 hp but usually keep it 600hp. Thing is a beast. That's using an h&s tuner, intake, and exhaust.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

6.4 suck I went from a 2008 6.4 that I bought last year that had only 20,000 miles and only made it to 70,000 the 9 months I owned it. To a 2012 that was brand new and the 6.7 is the way to go. My new truck about 6 months old that I have put 24,000 on. Been a great truck so far.
ysa8udu2.jpg

I had a F450 with a 6.4, delete pipe and Spartan tuner. The truck towed like a monster but got terrible mileage. It got a little better with the tuner but still sucked. Towing a 44' LQ trailer it got 6.6mpg consistently. I now have a F450 and it has more power without a delete and it has a Spartan on it. It gets 8.6 towing my 48' LQ trailer and it rides and drives better. My only complaint is the 2010 truck looked better on the outside. 6.7 is a better engine hands down IMO