• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nissan with a Cummins?

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
Can't wait to see it "stacked" and "ghost trailered"

9a365cec49afb7c1f6d9a7c30c7d76f3.jpg

tonybolton said:
Can't wait to see it "stacked" and "ghost trailered"

Maybe "that" crowd will not purchase these after they find out it's not going to have the inline 6 sound. If the price is not too bad I can see several people buying this over 1/2 ton gas. Heard they come from factory with goose neck too.

Shortbus said:
Maybe "that" crowd will not purchase these after they find out it's not going to have the inline 6 sound. If the price is not too bad I can see several people buying this over 1/2 ton gas. Heard they come from factory with goose neck too.

I'm interested in this area of the market. Ill be waiting on the Tundra to hit the lots though. If they get the mpg theyre predicting and maintain the pricing estimates they've thrown around...I'll end up with one after someone else takes the new vehicle price hit for me.

I've been surprised that we haven't seen the Duramax engine in more aftermarket/hotrod/buggy type vehicles, since it is about the same weight as a BBC but makes a bunch more power for less money.

This 5.0 cummins might be the ticket that gets diesels in hotrods

easleycrawler said:
I'd wait on the Toyota Tundra Cummins.

It's the same 5.0 cummins . I work for the company . The truck is strong . It does come with a gooseneck . The rear end ring gear is bigger than my 2010 dodge 3500.

crawler 129 said:
It's the same 5.0 cummins . I work for the company . The truck is strong . It does come with a gooseneck . The rear end ring gear is bigger than my 2010 dodge 3500.

And it's not ugly as sin. Any insider info on when we might be able to buy one?

Launch has been delayed 3 months . Been trialing the truck pulling stock trailers and other large trailers . I am impressed . It will be the same 6spd auto as the ram heavy uses. If my truck wasn't paid for I would really consider it .

Re: Re: Nissan with a Cummins?

easleycrawler said:
There's a possibility my ram Cummins will be for sale or traded, when the tundra comes out.
Nissan body with a bad ass motor/drivetrain is a win. Imagine if Toyota did a Cummins drivetrain. Only thing I hate about my dodge is the fact I have a cheap body on a nice drivetrain.

Re: Re: Nissan with a Cummins?

ranger11 said:
Nissan body with a bad ass motor/drivetrain is a win. Imagine if Toyota did a Cummins drivetrain. Only thing I hate about my dodge is the fact I have a cheap body on a nice drivetrain.

Same way I feel about my Dodge.