• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

No More Dodge Diesels For Me!

TacomaJD said:
Yep, absolutely sounds like a good case for a lawyer. Lawyers ain't free, but yer gonna be paying a shitload on the truck. I'd try to go for lemon law!

Definitely look into this. There is laws put in place for situations just like this

Want some free advice on how to get all of this taken care of? Of course you do. This takes balls and nuts the size of TC's on anti-steroids :tc :flipoff1: . Take a color of spray paint that completely clashes with your paint. Use it to write ........dealership sells lemons, ask me how I know. Show up and get your oil changed, tires rotated, alignment, cabin air filter replaced, washed, vacuumed, etc. Second time my buddy did this, the warranty claim was handled. He also parked it on the lot during the day, right in front of the service department and drove past the FORD dealership multiple times. 2004 Super Duty, so you understand why he won. It does work, because anyone willing to **** up a 60k truck and badmouth a dealer, is way more influential than posting on a forum. Like i said, get some cheap ass paint and make it uncomfortable for the dealer.

And for reference, I did something similar with a Ford Contour....1/3 the price, but similar story. Crank was bad, paint was procured, dealer caved. Rolling in with a burnt red car with neon yellow lemons painted on it was not good for them. I had my oil changed every couple of weeks and brought it in to have "routine maintenance" done on the off weeks. Glad to pay "their" rates for them to have my car in their garage. Mine took a couple months to get replaced with a good working unit. I was happy with one year newer and a few hundred miles total. Pocket book is all that business owners focus on. Hurt their pocket book and you will win. Otherwise, you will hate Dodge, deservedly or not. Hate the dealer, which is the real problem. Sort them out, get a truck that isn't a lemon and get back to being awesome at life with a good truck to boot.

Re: Re: Re: No More Dodge Diesels For Me!

lowbudgetjunk said:
Want some free advice on how to get all of this taken care of? Of course you do. This takes balls and nuts the size of TC's on anti-steroids :tc :flipoff1: . Take a color of spray paint that completely clashes with your paint. Use it to write ........dealership sells lemons, ask me how I know. Show up and get your oil changed, tires rotated, alignment, cabin air filter replaced, washed, vacuumed, etc. Second time my buddy did this, the warranty claim was handled. He also parked it on the lot during the day, right in front of the service department and drove past the FORD dealership multiple times. 2004 Super Duty, so you understand why he won. It does work, because anyone willing to **** up a 60k truck and badmouth a dealer, is way more influential than posting on a forum. Like i said, get some cheap ass paint and make it uncomfortable for the dealer.

And for reference, I did something similar with a Ford Contour....1/3 the price, but similar story. Crank was bad, paint was procured, dealer caved. Rolling in with a burnt red car with neon yellow lemons painted on it was not good for them. I had my oil changed every couple of weeks and brought it in to have "routine maintenance" done on the off weeks. Glad to pay "their" rates for them to have my car in their garage. Mine took a couple months to get replaced with a good working unit. I was happy with one year newer and a few hundred miles total. Pocket book is all that business owners focus on. Hurt their pocket book and you will win. Otherwise, you will hate Dodge, deservedly or not. Hate the dealer, which is the real problem. Sort them out, get a truck that isn't a lemon and get back to being awesome at life with a good truck to boot.
Do this but with plastidip so you can peal it off.

I don't think I would ever buy a new diesel. My buddy has a diesel shop working big trucks and we were drunk discussing the other night about diesel is a dead technology. They used to be known for their reliability and effiency and now they get less reliable and less effecient thanks to emission laws which only get worst.

Quoted from a text from my diesel tech buddy at a Dahj dealer:

"Sounds like it. Problem is, if you do not change the fuel filter, it will suck flat and rupture, allowing what ever crap that stopped it up past it. 6.7 fuel injectors are very sensitive to water or debris, and yes, a new set dies cost 10,000."

lowbudgetjunk said:

A guy in Montgomery did that a few years ago. He had a red F350 with lemon painted all over it with yellow paint lol.

I used to see that red F350 all the time in Pelham. That was bout 10 years ago when I was still in school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend that went through a very similar situation with a new Charger. He & his wife ended up getting a lawyer, and getting enough $ out of Chrysler to go buy a new Camaro :****: I've only owned 2 Chrysler products in my life, a zj, and my current 2nd gen cummins, and to be honest, after this truck is gone, I dont care to ever own another. They're all junk from what I've seen.

Re: Re: Re: No More Dodge Diesels For Me!

5BrothersFabrication said:
Quoted from a text from my diesel tech buddy at a Dahj dealer:

"Sounds like it. Problem is, if you do not change the fuel filter, it will suck flat and rupture, allowing what ever crap that stopped it up past it. 6.7 fuel injectors are very sensitive to water or debris, and yes, a new set dies cost 10,000."
10 grand for injectors? Holy fawk!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No More Dodge Diesels For Me!

5BrothersFabrication said:
****, that aint nothin'! The turbo in the Sprinter van is $10k, and an engine is $23k.
The big three are putting crap out these days give me a OSB 7.3 any day of the week!

Told dealer #2 to put it back together like it was. Picked it up yesterday ran good all the way home.
( about 50 miles) Dealer #1 told me he will get involved with dodge and get it fixed that the fuel looked good to him.
more later

I had nearly the same exact issue with Ford's 6.7 diesel. Not once but 6x on 6 trucks. $9600 each time to replace the entire fuel system with an identical explanation. We started selling the trucks as they were repaired as well as the trucks that hadn't failed. I started buying Dodge trucks and haven't looked back with virtually zero issues.

They all suck, it's a matter of which trucks suck less and finding a top shelf dealer to side with the consumer when the bean counters decide NO is the only answer on warranty.

On a side note, I sell Cummins industrial engines. We use the 4.5, 6.7, 9.0 and 15.0 liter engines. The 6.7 engine we use has the same fuel system as the trucks and I can tell you we never have this issue on our engines. I believe the problem is in the 1st fuel filter and lift pump that is installed by Dodge as a part of the truck. The pre filter and lift pump we use direct from Cummins CPP division is completely different and is subject to much more harsh conditions, especially junky fuel dispensed from sketchy mobile fueling trucks or tanks. The warranty admin and dealer are filling you full of bullshit excuses.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO