• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oil accumulator on a 22r series engine?

GONOVRIT

Wondering if anyone has done this and if so how was it plumbed? Canton recommends a minimum of -8 hose. I don't see anyway of doing that without the use of a sandwich adapter but for the sake of my wallet I hope I'm wrong ;D

Re:

Based on this thread: http://www.celica-gts.com/forums/index.php?topic=17067.0 and the moroso accumulator instructions; you should be able to drill and tap the oil passage coming out of the oil filter and run the accumulator there.

I can't imagine why you'd need -8 on a 22r. I'd just plumb it to the fitting that's on the block inside the pass side motor mount.

That port is covered by my motor mount. I'd have to T off the one to the left where my oil pressure gauge is. It's not appealing to me at all looking at that small hole.
I already have a Canton accumulator.

I thought about running one on my 22re and read several forums where they claim that the 22r picks up oil very well on inclined and crazy angels. I have never noticed an oil loss bit i dont know that i've ever constantly looked for it. Have you? Next time out i'm going to make sure i put it on some crazy angles and look at the oil pressure.

Only time I've noticed low oil pressure light is dropping off nose down.

Side to side angles don't affect a inline engine like a V engine.