• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oil Stains in Driveway

wgamble

Gentleman and I use that term loosely, can anyone tell me a good way of getting oil stains out of the driveway short of pouring a new one. Between my rig and my tow rig, my driveway looks like a dalmation. I will be putting my house on the market soon and would like to handle this quickly.

Re: Re: Oil Stains in Driveway

I have heard of spraying with brake cleaner but never tried it

Sent from S3

home depot has some degreaser made by zep its purple but its not purple power comes in 5 gallon for about 45 dollars I have used it for this same thing works great but don't delute it

Pulverized kitty litter works good to get the worst of it up. Dump some out and grind it in real good with your foot. After the initial cleaning take some powder laundry soap and sprinkle it on, barely wet it, and use a stiff push broom to scrub it good.

If that don't work, muratic acid

bradzuki said:
Pulverized kitty litter works good to get the worst of it up. Dump some out and grind it in real good with your foot. After the initial cleaning take some powder laundry soap and sprinkle it on, barely wet it, and use a stiff push broom to scrub it good.

If that don't work, muratic acid

This is exactly what we have always done. Always worked for us.

Our contracting company uses a product called klenztone to remove oil from concrete prior to coating

Dawn dish washing liquid. squirt it on, brush it a little, let it set & wash it off. It will take a couple of weeks but every time it rains the stain will get lighter.

Muratic Acid will do it. Wear a mask and gloves. Dont let it sit on the concrete too long or it will turn it brown.