• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oil Viscosities And Oil Pressure

As I was reading all this I was surprised more people didn't say oil filter? Talked to a filter rep when I worked at oreillys wi. Makes a racing filter for standard engines allows larger microns but more flow! Also high milage filters are basically the same scenario! Check the micron rating on your filter frame is the worst (at lowering oil psi) out there!

al1tonyota said:
As I was reading all this I was surprised more people didn't say oil filter? Talked to a filter rep when I worked at oreillys wi. Makes a racing filter for standard engines allows larger microns but more flow! Also high milage filters are basically the same scenario! Check the micron rating on your filter frame is the worst (at lowering oil psi) out there!

Running a short filter for exhaust clearance. Have WIX 57099, shows 21 micron. Mobil 1 shows M1-111 or MO5313, information hard to find, but I think 22 micron. I know Fram is bad, is the WIX a good filter?

JohnG said:
Running a short filter for exhaust clearance. Have WIX 57099, shows 21 micron. Mobil 1 shows M1-111 or MO5313, information hard to find, but I think 22 micron. I know Fram is bad, is the WIX a good filter?

My driveshaft would hit my filter. So I run remote oil filters. Maybe something to think about if you are wanting to change to larger filters.

Re: Re: Oil Viscosities And Oil Pressure

JohnG said:
What's wrong with frame? If I remember right they do or did make Motorcraft filters.

Mortalis5509 said:
What's wrong with frame? If I remember right they do or did make Motorcraft filters.
They filter down to a very small micron causing lower oil flow volume and pressure.

Mortalis5509 said:

Google are fram oil filters good. You can read several threads on them. I know what the 6.2 aint running.. thumb.gif

John, is the oil pan easily got to? If so, be a easy job to drop the pan and install a new high pressure oil pump, they are real cheap and would get the pressure back up.

zukimaster said:
John, is the oil pan easily got to? If so, be a easy job to drop the pan and install a new high pressure oil pump, they are real cheap and would get the pressure back up.
X2 high volume and high pressure with metal pinned coupler is what I ran!

Wix filters are great filters. Seen some frame come apart internally and clog, and prevent oil flow. And most are made in NC.

John you need to be running Amsoil Dominator 20w50 synthetic

There's to much heat built up doing this stuff and you need a good oil and weight.

YOUNG said:
John you need to be running Amsoil Dominator 20w50 synthetic

There's to much heat built up doing this stuff and you need a good oil and weight.

Thanks, that is what I decided also, and stay with the WIX filter, but upgrade to the new XP version of the filter.

JohnG said:
Thanks, that is what I decided also, and stay with the WIX filter, but upgrade to the new XP version of the filter.
Good call.

Oil and grease is cheap! Parts ain't!

Sbc only need 4 psi to lubrication at idle then 10 psi per 1000 rpm
as far as filter sbc was designed with ACDelco as a filter I wouldnt use a smaller micron filter 2 restrict flow just a bump pressure
My 2 cents

zukimaster said:
X2 plus rod and main bearings