• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ok, wtf?

Jeepasaurusrex

I was coming home from hunting up around Darrington on Saturday, and suddenly the truck coughs, the Service Engine Soon (SES) light comes on and it quits. I coast up over a rise and pull off in a wide spot. I check all the fluids, full. Check all the wiring, UVC connections, etc. Got it to start back up but it runs rough and the SES light is on. It ran good enough to get me home. I figured it would run the same this morning allowing me to get to work, then to the stealership to get it code scanned and find out what is wrong. It wouldnt even get up to 20mph this morning. No power at all. Now I have to wait for the stealership to open so I can get the truck towed in. :mad::mad::mad:

I replaced the CPS on it yesterday, hoping that was it. Had no effect. So now I have a spare. :rolleyes:

Anyone else have some ideas?

Yea, its my 99 F350. I called the Stealership and they want $150 to run a diagnostic on it. But that's the cheapest and easiest way to find the bad part with out throwing parts at it. :mad:

It's already on the way to the dealer. Good thing is, I'm not paying for it. :redneck:

I heard the Schmucks code readers will not read the Powerstroke codes? :confused:

Took it to Marysville Ford.

Turns out, it was the UVC connections. 2,4,5,8 and 7 injectors were not firing because of them. They tested all the injectors while they were in there. All are OK.

$710 after parts, labor, and taxes.
:puke:

That job is a lot of work but they still made some money off of you.....I find it hard to believe that both sides went bad at the same time though. You have 5 injectors listed as not working....Glad to hear you got it fixed.:cool:

That job isn't that bad to do...Little worse on the SD compared to the obs because of intercooler and cowl but..... 700+! damn stealerships.....

It's already on the way to the dealer. Good thing is, I'm not paying for it. :redneck:

I heard the Schmucks code readers will not read the Powerstroke codes? :confused:
this is true.

That job isn't that bad to do...Little worse on the SD compared to the obs because of intercooler and cowl but..... 700+! damn stealerships.....
no kidding, UVC harness aren't that bad to change out