• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Old forklift

patooyee

I have an old 3000# Caterpillar forklift, 1970's vintage. Its in bad need of a new dist. cap and wires but they are not standard automotive stuff. Its all slightly bigger than automotive. Anyone got any idea where to start looking?

Cut the bottom off and weld it to a common style top, its just a metal rod that has to spin. A friends grandpa always did that to run GM HEIs on old flat head fords

AdamF said:
Cut the bottom off and weld it to a common style top, its just a metal rod that has to spin. A friends grandpa always did that to run GM HEIs on old flat head fords

Elliott said:
I beleive its Petronix that makes a conversion piece for most.

Top is the best, 2nd is a bit more pricey but less fab.

I have a junked cat 5000 fork lift. You may could use some parts off of it. Got any pics of the distributor cap? It will be the weekend before I could check mine.

Thanks for the replies. I'll get some pics and post them tomorrow. There's no Cat dealers anywhere near me and the ones I have called seem like they want to murder me for even asking about such an old machine. They ask for the serial number, which is too old to pull up in their computers they say, and basically tell me to eat **** and die because they're not going to work for a living when they can just sit there and get fat when the big companies break their new **** and the computer can just tell them what to overprice.

patooyee said:
Thanks for the replies. I'll get some pics and post them tomorrow. There's no Cat dealers anywhere near me and the ones I have called seem like they want to murder me for even asking about such an old machine. They ask for the serial number, which is too old to pull up in their computers they say, and basically tell me to eat **** and die because they're not going to work for a living when they can just sit there and get fat when the big companies break their new **** and the computer can just tell them what to overprice.

sounds like our parts dept. at work.

I probably have the parts you need in stock. I started out in the forklift repair business and still have a lot of the tune up parts for some of the older lifts. Give me a call and we can match them up.

Look in the yellow pages for your area under forklifts and call the independent repair guy. They know where to get the parts, usually local. I have some contacts left in Biloxi area.
What is the model? V50C D ?

Re: Re: Old forklift

u3y4emud.jpg

ysugy8ez.jpg

sydu5ery.jpg

ny8age6e.jpg

yhu6e7e5.jpg

6a7a5e3e.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That b$tech is old, looks to be a Perkins or White flatbread engine. You would rather find something aftermarket cause our parts are higher than giraffe p. If I got a chance tomorrow I will run the numbers for you.