• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Old school engine gurus

Humpy

I know this is kinda off the wall but I'm considering goin with an old school motor... I want the 450-500 hp range maybe a 383? I absolutely despise propane and have no desire to learn it... I just want something different... That being said is there any throttle body gurus out there I can talk to? A company such as Texas speed but for the older stuff?? Any info I much appreciate

go to paceperformance.com and look at fitech fuel injection. It looks like a good kit. prices start at $995. and is supposed. to support 600 hp

Custompowr on here has a 421 Small block in a blazer that's 540 hp and 600 lbft and he's running the FAST ez efi on it. Runs like a sumbitch. He's also a dealer. Give him a shout. Pm me if you want his number. He owns a race engine shop here in Knoxville. He's your guru on all old school motors.

redneckengineered said:
You could build an LS to make that kind of power for what you'll have in a good EFI setup on an old school motor.

Hate to say it, but this couldn't be more true... a 421 inch ls motor properly cammed would make 650 easy!

I'm running a fast fuel set up on mine, couldn't be happier coming from propane. I understand the ls vrs old school block but so far I'm happy with my old school 400 sbc. I already had it and I'm just stubborn!