• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

One Ton YJ- Coilover problem

Gadametz

I have a YJ with 18" FOA coilovers. The rear flexes fine but the front wont compress at all. Theyre brand new with a 250lb primary and a 175lb tender. This shouldnt be too much weight but the front springs just dont move and it makes the jeep tippy. What are my options here?

something is wrong with the shocks, i have a yj with 250 upper and 350 lowers and it does very good.

Foa is trash. Buy some fox. I would be willing to bet it's something inside the shock

Spring rates are 107#
What does YJ with a 6cyl or V8 weight.
800 per front corner would need roughly a 88# rate on a 14" shock w 2" preload.

RustyC said:
Spring rates are 107#
What does YJ with a 6cyl or V8 weight.
800 per front corner would need roughly a 88# rate on a 14" shock w 2" preload.

With a 250 and a 175 spring ?

I saved this off of Pirate a while back. Wish I knew who posted it to give them credit.

That is pretty close to what I ran on my you. They were 250 over 150 with no tender. Has to be something in the shock. Like others said does it cycle without the shock? Another thing to try is take the springs off and cycle it. See if it binds up. I agree with the others get rid of the foa's an get fox or kings.

I'd pop the springs off the coilovers and "force" them to flex. They might just be stuck from sitting for so long...

I'd think the weight of the jeep would make them move a little though...

Did you try backing the back tire up on something so the weight of the jeep was nose down?

Slightly but i cant tell if it will go to full droop. If i rock the jeep they will at least slightly compress from that
Ill just test a back tire flex now to see if i can get them to move any more

If anyone knows a place around central AR to have the oil level and nitrogen pressure checked i'd appreciate that also. Most offroad shops around here dont deal with work this custom