• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions on new buggy

love being able to glance out the footwell if needed. filled mine in with lexan to keep stuff from flying in. glad I did since I shattered the d-side coming back from the gas station in black hills area. guess shooting a rock off the tires at 60mph can cause damage molaugh

Yea that would hurt,I am on rockwells so I am a little bit wide so mayb it won't be that bad,just kinda seeing who all is rolling with out one before I do,I like the lexan idea too,thanks!

Re:

A few of TC buggies and maybe some other bouncers don't have a firewall around the engine.

I would do expanded metal or lexan. Some protection with visibility.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had a jimmy smith buggy with expanded metal floor. It was nice and easy to keep clean and visabilty was great however I have been in 2 buggies that caught fire on a roll over and if they hadn't had a fire wall I would have been burned . Needless to say Id do something over the trans tunnel and fire wall at least behind the motor . Maybe floor pans on the side with screen or something . Just my .02

Rockwells607 said:
I had a jimmy smith buggy with expanded metal floor. It was nice and easy to keep clean and visabilty was great however I have been in 2 buggies that caught fire on a roll over and if they hadn't had a fire wall I would have been burned . Needless to say Id do something over the trans tunnel and fire wall at least behind the motor . Maybe floor pans on the side with screen or something . Just my .02
My buggy the engine is enclosed with a aluminum firewall and the foot wells both have expanded metal so you can see out well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full fire wall for me. Plexiglas is cool for foot wells but I'm currently running full aluminum firewall.