• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions on the 47" LTB

jmr17x

Thinking of going with the 47" swamper LTB for my rig, has anyone run them or currently running them? Good points? Bad points?

Thanks Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need a built drivetrain with good gearing all the way around to turn them. What kind of rig and what kind of riding?

Never seen a set that work worth a damn. Hard compound, stiff sidewall. JSigmon just got rid of his and stepped down to a 44 bogger and it completely changed the rig. 6k lb buggy.

Better be able to spin those bad boys! I think a nasty cut on them to help get them to flex and dig is necessary. Probably everybody will say get some 43 stickies though. Which you might as well unless you came across some great deal you don't want to pass up.

Man y'all killing my hopes. My new chassis came with a set. But I am going to cut the **** out of them! Can't find the I **** you not icon. But I **** you not. Old rig did really good ok them. The blue truggy on rocks Kenny Wayne on here owned

Jason Paule has a set for his Twisted Customs buggy, they suck on everything except for deep snow....maybe deep snow.

They suck balls, as said before they are stiff and hard, work good in deep mud though. Ha

im already factoring in once I get it all tuned out and everything saving up for stickies. Figure the 47s are better than nothing no for now.

Well I guess that answers my question lol guess Ill look into something else. Suggestions in that size range or larger? I don't wanna drop back to 44 unless I have to.

What kind of wheeling and what kind of rig do you have? It'll make it easier to suggest tires.

jmr17x said:
Well I guess that answers my question lol guess Ill look into something else. Suggestions in that size range or larger? I don't wanna drop back to 44 unless I have to.

49 Irok is about it that doesn't bring the suck

How about the 47" Growlers....anyone have experience with those?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-04-13-25-54-1-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-04-13-25-54-1-1.png
    725.9 KB · Views: 109
My buggy had 47" LTBs on it when I bought it. I did everything I could think of to make them grab, but it didn't matter. It there was ANY water on the rock I would have been better off with ice skates. After swapping to 43" stickies it's like a whole new rig, almost point and go, even with my big 2.5 ton Rockwell axles.

ETA: I'll add this. Before the stickies it was pretty much full throttles up a slick rock. Now I can actually crawl it and I tear up a lot less stuff because it it.

Re: Re: Opinions on the 47" LTB

jmr17x said:

54" cut boggers!!! Put antisieze instead of loctite on your axle parts :)

lowbudgetjunk said:
What kind of wheeling and what kind of rig do you have? It'll make it easier to suggest tires.

Rock crawling, hills, etc.... Here in the southeast. Tube chassis rig with rockwells under it.