• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions on unions....but unicorns are (fill in the blank)

kmcminn said:
5bros, I respect your opinion everyone has one. We understand you don't have any use for one repairing tractor trailers, I can see where you wouldn't need one for that job. Probably not a real hazardous job, you probably work in a place that you don't get rained on when dealing with electricity, probably not work long hours dealing with high voltage that can kill you instantly. Your electricty is on cause union workers, and I would bet you are one the first to bitch when it goes out and sing the praise when it comes on.The way you keep stating your view is starting to sound like all the Democrats they think cause it is their opinion we should all feel the same way. Not every company needs a union but some do.

Sorry if you don't like how I see it from my side fence.

Amen!

:woot:if you really think unions are whats killing this country, you dont have a clue..

5BrothersFabrication said:
And as for the Kool-Aid comment, there is no- ''Well, MY union isn't like that." It's like saying, "Well, MY senator isn't corrupt." Bullshit, yes they are. Legal robbery, and an unnecessary, outdated practice.

So maybe let me clarify. When I say "my union" I would be referring to "my local". And I am pretty sure all I refrenced was what I was trying to do to help the union image.

Re: Opinions on unions

Blase said:
Unions suck and are killing this country!

11.3 % of all US employees are union members. You really think that is the problem. Sounds like some Kool-Aid in its own right

Sounds like Kool-Aid commentary to me, I hope we can agree to disagree, shake hands, ride together, and drag each other out of the woods after tearing some **** up. :driving:

kmcminn said:
I keep waiting for a response. :popcorn:

I'm not sure you read back far enough.

I was curious and googled the number. Union membership has been on the decline for 30 years. I just think its a stretch to say 10 percent of the workforce is destroying the country. I am in no way affiliated with any union. I just think that ole blame the union bit is stale. Just my opinion and not saying it should be yours. :dblthumb:

Sounds like Kool-Aid commentary to me, I hope we can agree to disagree, shake hands, ride together, and drag each other out of the woods after tearing some **** up. :driving:

This will always happen. Just make sure to yell at some point while my POS is being drug out that you are 5bros on HL. Cause I wouldnt know you if I saw you. Hahah

dwa2469 said:
I was curious and googled the number. Union membership has been on the decline for 30 years. I just think its a stretch to say 10 percent of the workforce is destroying the country. I am in no way affiliated with any union. I just think that ole blame the union bit is stale. Just my opinion and not saying it should be yours. :dblthumb:

I don't think it's ruining the country but I think it crippled the American auto industry and helped drive prices sky high on vehicles. There's no reason for anyone working an assembly line to be making 50$'an hour.

That's no ****!! When the minimum wage goes up, so does everything else. Except the rest of our pay. So it just pushes the middle class closer and closer to poverty.

kmcminn said:
I don't think many are anymore. I have heard all new employees are making significantly less. The pay cuts happened when the economy went to **** in 2008. Trucks have went up at least 10k since then. So someone is making some serious money.

Yes, they've basically cut pay in half. And the money is still going to the individuals it always did, company executives. I've never known of an assembly line worker to make $50 /hr, I believe assembly pay is about the same as custodial. Skilled trades yeah they made closer to $50, but still not there. There was a lot of kool-aid propaganda claiming what auto workers were paid, the numbers included benefits and were still off. I don't know many that wouldn't admit was paid more than would work for, but to say the workers are the reason for all problems is misguided. Look at when the executives were asking for bailout money and showing up in private jets and taking large bonuses while claiming the company was losing money. The regulators gonna regulate.

civicmindedex79 said:
This will always happen. Just make sure to yell at some point while my POS is being drug out that you are 5bros on HL. Cause I wouldnt know you if I saw you. Hahah

I was driving around at fall crawl and somebody hollered out "5Bros!", I didn't hear them, and my wife didn't tell me until HOURS later. If that was anyone on here I apologize.

pholmann said:
I don't think it's ruining the country but I think it crippled the American auto industry and helped drive prices sky high on vehicles. There's no reason for anyone working an assembly line to be making 50$'an hour.

It's not the pay, it's the pensions with no old money to back it up. Same problem social security has.

The company agreed to and signed the same contract as the union did.... I guess if your boss agreed to pay you 50 bucks an hour you wouldnt take it?.....

It's not the pay, it's the pensions with no old money to back it up. Same problem social security has.
Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, our retirement has a surplus due to guys not typically living long enough to collect their share.