• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Outlet Mall

so, when you wrecked Jp's ****, did you "not know" or were ya driving like an asshole?

seems more like drivin like an asshole to me.:awesomework:

Let me say it again. You just never know when you gonna get hurt. Thats what safety restraints are for. As for jps rig...i didnt expect it to go over... i was pretty confident i could do it...well i was wrong.

thats a cool line thats where i originally wanted that trail to go
did anyone else try or make that line in the gruop?
did you guys only run it backwards or did you try the other direction as well?

James was the only person to even try (I was broke:redneck:)......that spot is VERY TIGHT. He made it using f/r steer with f/r burns......it was pretty sick.

We ran BR backwards......no time to run anything else, the OM took a LOOOOOOG time.

Point taken, and pook and mark are totally right. I think there is more reason to were the 5points on the gravel roads (hawlin ass/less control over the enviroment) more than crawling and I do generally were them on the roads.

TRUTH!! Peanut and ended up off the side of milk creek due to a 8 mm cinch bolt coming loose in the steering... I doubt we were doing 5 mph at best with only lap belts on semi loose. We are lucky to be here.

When i killed jps sami we both had our belts on.Mine were tight Sevs werent and i got hurt less.If someone wasnt wearing there belts in that wipeout they would be really hurt or dead. Thank god for safety restraints.:awesomework:

If ur gonna do the outlet mall at least have a working winch and use it. If people continue to stack rocks on that trail it will make it lame. Last weekend running OM I notice alot more rocks stacked than last time I ran it.
Or at least unstack them when ur done most people dont:mad:. There are plenty of othe trails to run at reiter, don't make the hard ones easy just so u can say u made the OM. no one cares if you made the trail if u stack the **** out of every obsticale.

the same thing should go for all trails.:awesomework:

If ur gonna do the outlet mall at least have a working winch and use it. If people continue to stack rocks on that trail it will make it lame. Last weekend running OM I notice alot more rocks stacked than last time I ran it.
Or at least unstack them when ur done most people dont:mad:. There are plenty of othe trails to run at reiter, don't make the hard ones easy just so u can say u made the OM. no one cares if you made the trail if u stack the **** out of every obsticale.

Odd.......I unstack OM at least once a month or so or whenever "it's" obviously stacked.I'm in there at least once a week so it's hard for the "stackers" to make headway.Rocks are constantly rolling down the fall line and "falling into place" or being moved around by vehichles and I leave those as that is the nature of things...sometimes they "help" and sometimes they "hurt". Right now OM is as easy as it gets so perhaps it seemed more "stacked" than last time you ran it.......probably just the prime conditions......come back in November:redneck:

Uggg........that spot is a catch22("Rock step") Those rocks were kicked out from up on the knoll( by tires and use of the trail) and rolled down in there by gravity.....they definetly make the "Step" "easier" (still "hard" though) BUT I feel if "WE" keep the hole empty then "people" WILL push the trail over to the right and TRY to bypass that spot as opposed to winch....The rocks are "natural" so I leave'em but they really do effect the severity of the obstacle.

NOT talking trash but useing as an example.....Robin on Fresh 47's,Portals, and V-8 battled the Step for 20+ minutes AND THEN had to stack the front side(bigtime) to get up and over only to be denied further up the trail........so it's still pretty severe.

I pretty much clean that hole out every time I go through so if you think it's getting a little full I would be happy to clear it :redneck:

I have only made that climb once with out winching it:mad::booo:

no winch on the rig? makes sense to keep the trail for geting any wider there.
I remember the original line was to put ur driver side tire side tire on the stumps and it was crawlable, not that it maters.

Originally....D-side tire over the stump and you were home free....but then the base and the back side of the step got DUG out and now it's a whole different animal. I'm 104" WB and generally I can't get my tire UP and OVER the stump anymore....right rear engauges the step and cams the car to the right.......I get up and over without too much fuss but definetly the Step has changed

I pretty much clean that hole out every time I go through so if you think it's getting a little full I would be happy to clear it :redneck:

I have only made that climb once with out winching it:mad::booo:

I was stoked to make it without winching this last weekend.

Last 2 vids of james on the bonus line added on page 4.

I was stoked to make it without winching this last weekend.

:eeek: When we ran it?.....this last wekend?

Not trying to steal your thunder there Bunk-a-roo, but you winched......didn't you? Whatever......it really doesn't matter.:awesomework:

Thats the one spot I winched in the ftoy. My passenger frame rail kept slamming into the rock before I could get my rear tire to touch it...but I blamed it on $Mark going first and covering it in mud.

:eeek: When we ran it?.....this last wekend?

Not trying to steal your thunder there Bunk-a-roo, but you winched......didn't you? Whatever......it really doesn't matter.:awesomework:

Im aways from making that trail without winching with my current rig bio. If your talking about the first climb after the knife rock then i did drive it. After that slab rock my rig started being the big non stickied pos that it is.

Im aways from making that trail without winching with my current rig bio. If your talking about the first climb after the knife rock then i did drive it. After that slab rock my rig started being the big non stickied pos that it is.

Ah, poor reading comprehension on my part.:redneck:You were talking about that certain obstacle......not the entire trail.

Me gud wit reiding werds....:rolleyes::D

And in all fairness, making the trail without stickies and only winching once or twice is a feat in itself.

:beer:

Ah, poor reading comprehension on my part.:redneck:You were talking about that certain obstacle......not the entire trail.

Me gud wit reiding werds....:rolleyes::D

And in all fairness, making the trail without stickies and only winching once or twice is a feat in itself.

:beer:

I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks Mark. And do I get extra points for doing it on leaf springs and toyota axles? :redneck:

speaking of Toyota axles...I just made the order to Diamond. New front axle will be in the rig in 4 weeks. Cannot ****ing wait!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts