• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ox locker?

noracin

Anybody use a ox locker on here? Goin in the frt.
Thinking about buying one wanted to know if they had any problems with them.
thanks for any info.

noracin said:
Anybody use a ox locker on here? Goin in the frt.
Thinking about buying one wanted to know if they had any problems with them.
thanks for any info.

Waist of money if your not driving it on street.

Spool and get it!

Im afraid the air lines for the arb will get tore off with all the riding i do in the woods .
I wouldnt mind the cable just seems like less things to go wrong with the ox.
I would put a spool in it but I do like to drive it on the street from time to time .

Whats a detroit drive like in the front as far as steering? I have a stock yj box on it now with 38s.
Thought about doin that and spending the extra money on a hydro steering set up.

i have a ox locker in my 60 on 44"s for about 6 years and i love it. I had a detroit and it did unlock which it's made to do. I've installed alot of arb's they are good but would like a cable instead of air.

noracin said:
Whats a detroit drive like in the front as far as steering? I have a stock yj box on it now with 38s.
Thought about doin that and spending the extra money on a hydro steering set up.
in 2wd you wont even notice it... in 4wd it would be the same as an ox or arb

I think if you are worried about damaging the air line you should also worry about the cable. You can hide the air line on top. The cable for an ox is right out in front mid diff. I have seen these cables get damaged and have to pull the diff cover to put the fork behind the collar to lock it in. Why can't someone build a selectable locker that when it has no air, spark, vacuum or cable it is in the locked position.