• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pass. side axle fitment 8"

London Gentleman

My bro is putting together his toyota 8" and his passenger side axle wont go in. It came out fine. Anybody else had this happen to them? The drivers side went in perfect... Also does it matter that the inner axle isn't 'connected' to the outer. (no c-clip)

if it came out ok then it will go back in ok, you have to have the flat sides of the birf running top and bottom... the inner axle can be a pain to get in. it just takes some time to line it up correctly

if it came out ok then it will go back in ok, you have to have the flat sides of the birf running top and bottom... the inner axle can be a pain to get in. it just takes some time to line it up correctly

they are not having a problem with the flat spots at all!!! it's the splines actually engaging into the center section...:mad: they can get the bell past the knuckle, but it's a matter of the last inch, literally, apparently it won't go in and "seat"

they are not having a problem with the flat spots at all!!! it's the splines actually engaging into the center section...:mad: they can get the bell past the knuckle, but it's a matter of the last inch, literally, apparently it won't go in and "seat"

sounds like they need to turn the pinion a little one way or the other as they are trying to slide the shaft in

Me and JTHOMPSON (older bro) tried the turning the pinion thing and it still wont go in. You feel the axle slide in after a little fishing around and it just wont go in past a certain point. The driver side slid right in. When we pulled it out it had a ARB'd 5.29 diff and now its back to stock. We are just at a loss at what is going on.

Me and JTHOMPSON (older bro) tried the turning the pinion thing and it still wont go in. You feel the axle slide in after a little fishing around and it just wont go in past a certain point. The driver side slid right in. When we pulled it out it had a ARB'd 5.29 diff and now its back to stock. We are just at a loss at what is going on.

you guys working on it today??? let me know...

Alright, we will let you know but I dont know what josh is doing. The only thing I did differently was put a new seal at the knuckle but that wouldnt be the prob.

Alright, we will let you know but I dont know what josh is doing. The only thing I did differently was put a new seal at the knuckle but that wouldnt be the prob.

no, that wouldn't be it, like i said last night, take it out, inspect the splines, both inside and out, if possible, for obstructions, if you can, go steal one of the shafts sitting in josh's scout and try one of those, RETURNING IT TO HIM WHEN YOU'RE DONE!!!!:fawkdancesmiley: and that should help narrow down the problem some. this is a pretty cut and dry problem... either it goes in or it doesn't.:eeek:

When its as far in as you can get it and you turn it, does it feel like its even trying to grab the diff splines? If you push in on it as you rotate it, you should be able to feel the splines "rubbing" but not engaging. Or, if you can get it to where they just BARELY engage, try tapping it with a dead blow hammer while you rotate it.

~T.J.

fixed, i literally touched it with my weiner and it went in:awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

ya, so basically we went to look at it, i tried to rotate it, it was not budging, randon told me it was still in the slots of the knuckle, so i turned the pinion to see if it was catching on the axle, it wasn't at all. i pulled the axle out slightly, slid it back in a little, randon, started to rotate the pinion a little again, and i pushed a little on the axle and it went right in like butter.

Last edited: