• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pay attention to the weather 12/23/2015

muddinmetal said:
the thing that bothers me, is I don't trust the news outlets, tv channels need ratings, and I think these stations sometimes exaggerate the severity of weather to get people to tune in, and if you think about it a time like Christmas when they know everyone is going to be home and inside anyways is a wonderful time to grab some numbers

Yiu so crazy. More people started taking weather serious once we found out it could happen to us in 2011. The meterologist standing in the middle of a hurricane is to keep people tuned in. But I think the focusing on weather on days like today is to keep people informed, to be proactive about taking shelter and keep themselves safe.

It's sunny and warm here now. Much like it was the hour before I watched a funnel drop out.

I do think that with the multiple media outlets the potential for bad weather can seem sensationalized, even if it's just by the continuous repetition of warnings. People want real time info with continuous updates.

I mean hell its 70 degrees in December. I would almost expect to see a tornado.

muddinmetal said:
Maybe it'd have to happen to me, but I am not weather phobic at all. It is gonna happen, just like death, why be scared of it?
with that logic sell all your guns thumb.gif. But like a few said I have been in them and have lost 6 good friends in tornado's so it's all about being prepared just as we are with our lead IMO.

RockHales said:
with that logic sell all your guns thumb.gif. But like a few said I have been in them and have lost 6 good friends in tornado's so it's all about being prepared just as we are with our lead IMO.

I do love my guns...

Looks like it got nasty down there yesterday, everybody make it out ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope everyone is safe up in that area.

Unlike others that stuff scares the hell out of me now. I was at work in 2000 when a tornado hit our building and blew 20,000 sf of the roof off our 360,000 sf warehouse. It lifted up and came crashing back down inside of the building. I had about 31 employees at work that day and it was a miracle no one got hurt.

Re:

No tornados here in columbia, sc, but we are pretty much flooded again...

2960b81c4c18d0434089c15609fba38c.jpg

This is over a half mile from the broad river,

We were lucky here too. Lots of rain, but not a lot of downed trees. Weather is still in the 70's so I pray for no round 2.

First time I have been on the Internet for more than a few minutes in the last couple days. Our little community of Lutts TN took a direct hit. We are all ok with no lives lost but lots of property damage.

Steele3 said:
First time I have been on the Internet for more than a few minutes in the last couple days. Our little community of Lutts TN took a direct hit. We are all ok with no lives lost but lots of property damage.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I have a couple of generators, chainsaws and could bring food or water if need be. We got hit in April of 11 and thankfully it wasn't cold. People did bring us food and water which was a big help.