• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pickett, brimestone, royal blue, and tackett

offroadohio

Information on these 4 riding locations seems slim.

Curious on permits, maps, difficulty level for mild rigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

There are maps of Pickett on a bunch of rzr and atv forums.

No permit required, it's a state forest (dept of forestry)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a handful on Pickett State Park aka Blackhouse Mountain threads on here with pictures. When I lived near there we went quite a bit.

Unfortunately all those photos I posted in the threads got eaten by Photobucket so they are gone forever.

It's a neat trail riding place with a couple of hard rock obstacles, but it's not overly difficult.

Re:

Ive been told by the sxs groups pickett and royal blue are pretty easy, which is fine becuase we dont need nasty hardcore for all 8 days of our trip.

Basically planning to drive our rigs from ohio to pickett and run east to tackett, and then cut up and end our trip at harlan.

Ive googled the hell out of pickett and tackett without much luck. Cant seem to find a trail head, real maps (other than some shared tracks)

Brimstone i did find a website for but it wont load on my phone for some reason. Ive been told by two people on fb prices are kind of shitty compared to the permit needed for tackett and royal blue.

But thats about the jist of the info ive found but ive been on my phone looking. 10 yesr old stuff for pickett and tacket is all i seem to find

Re:

Thats good to know, we want the option of hard stuff, but becuase we are dtiving our rigs we want option of easy or mild too.

Hows it work just find a local place selling permits and go in or what?

Coming from.rrb area where is the best entrance point?

Can you camp.along the trail?

No real maps it's in our heads all the trials and whatnot for us locals. Someone may have gps maps of it. TWRA has picked up the land lately and if you have the correct Tennessee hunting license your covered but if not you can get a permit to ride and be fine. You can camp pretty much anywhere. I camped in the middle of the road a few years ago when my control arms broke and my Rockwell axle was under my cab on New Year's Day. That was an unforgettable trip from hell. I've rode rigs an old school 250x and my rzr up there and it's as badass as you can handle.

Re:

Ive seen some $50 garmin maps for the place but i dont have a garmin.

Is it the same riding per.it royal blue uses or something differant? All online info i find is out dated

TWRA sells a "special use permit" that is good for all wildlife management areas that are open for recreational use other than hunting

Re: Re: Pickett, brimestone, royal blue, and tackett

5BrothersFabrication said:
It's a sportsmans license and they'll bust you bigger than **** without one.
Nope

They actually have a special use permit for people that don't buy hunting license. And it's the same price for resident & non residents (unlike a hunting license)

Also, only one person in the vehicle has to have a permit/hunting license.

It's all on the twra website, wma maps too.

Re:

https://www.tn.gov/twra/topic/north-cumberland-ohv-riding-area

Finally found this page.

Re: Re: Pickett, brimestone, royal blue, and tackett

TBItoy said:
Nope

They actually have a special use permit for people that don't buy hunting license. And it's the same price for resident & non residents (unlike a hunting license)

Also, only one person in the vehicle has to have a permit/hunting license.

It's all on the twra website, wma maps too.

Sorry bud. A friend of mine got busted coming out of there in his Toyota and the TWRA ossifer told him he needed a sportsmans license. Maybe they just wanted more money? :dunno:

5BrothersFabrication said:
Sorry bud. A friend of mine got busted coming out of there in his Toyota and the TWRA ossifer told him he needed a sportsmans license. Maybe they just wanted more money? :dunno:

I'm just going by the info on the TN.Gov website.

Damn fish cops and possum sheriffs don't know **** about the laws they are supposed to enforce anyway. 90% of them would rather just close all public access to all WMAs. Gotta protect them Eastern diamondback rattleheaded copper moccasins and native brown eye 3 **** salamanders, ya know.

Still searching for information on wma lands.

Got the permit thing figured out.

Still no luck on maps of the trails. And i camt figure out if our trucks can ride pretty much any open trail or what