• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

Jduck said:
Ended up framing up some walls and skinning then with 4' of vertical panels and 4' of 5/8 plywood

7f11224600f6a10418db34d8843ab032.jpg

3e7ed4391570db39cb8a0e2c43bc2dcf.jpg

12b37fdbc7b0fdff12e373c2a8afdfd1.jpg

812ea2f865fb00e300cbdab76a329368.jpg

Nice, how much of a bitch was it to cut down the lower cladding?

did you run a good bead of silicone around the bottom?

If not I would before you get it dirty in there. It'll be nice to be able to pressure wash the floor.

TBItoy said:

If not I would before you get it dirty in there. It'll be nice to be able to pressure wash the floor.

I've thrown the idea of pressure washing out, because I would never want to move everything completely out to do so. Sweep that **** and spot clean with chemicals as needed. molaugh

TBItoy said:

In the 10yrs I've had either a Home garage or a shop I've never once had a desire to pressure wash inside the building. Don't plan on starting that now.

Y'all ain't as nasty as I am apparently

I don't pressure wash (don't own one) but I do pour out a simple green and hose/sweep/squeegee every year or so.

It's nice for a while having zero dirt/dust on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it is in this thread somewhere but I do not feel like digging, but what do you guys use to clean fluid stains/ paint overspray and so on off your shop floors?

Re: Re: Pics of your shops/garages/specs

94xjsport94 said:
Fawk you Broady! I wish mine was that big :'(
I agree Will!!

To answer Broady's question, I just use more oil mixed with grinding dust
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

smbroady82 said:

You need some more lights in there though! I cant stand not being able to see... I have 8 8'lights in a 24x32 shop with light gray walls and I wouldnt want it any darker.

Anybody have pics of a 30x40-ish shop with a 2 post lift inside??

Curious how the location works for you guys and if you'd do it differently?

My concern is if I mount it offset to one side then one post of the lift blocks my rear roll up door and eats up almost 12-15ft of length in the shop so I couldn't back a trailer in all the way.

Then if the lift is mounted center then I'm limited on height and width of anything I want to drive straight through my building.

I have two 12x12" roll up doors front and rear of my 40' length.

Any solid ideas? I'm open

94xjsport94 said:
You need some more lights in there though! I cant stand not being able to see... I have 8 8'lights in a 24x32 shop with light gray walls and I wouldnt want it any darker.

I really do need more lights. It kinda sucks at night.

Check out the UFO lights. LED's, got mine off ebay. Work great bright too. Jason has some he got from his electrician.

Bummer. Maybe I should have thrown it in gen disc

I tried 3-4 configurations parking my truck inside my forms. Pretending I had to maneuver into lift posts.

Offsetting it to one side in the shop and even setting up diagonal somewhat into a corner just totally killed my drive through access.

Limited how long of a trailer I can back straight into in a hurry as well as driving around a post that is almost centered in my bay door opening.

So turns out centered in the shop works the best. I can fit my tractor, and any of my trailers straight through my bay doors along with making it as easy as possible to get a truck or rig that is disabled into the lift with out having to turn.

I suppose I owe it to this thread to post up my build process with pics start to finish.

I'll be back when it's done