• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

Finally started moving into the new shop. About to move another load over and the lift should be installed this week.

aefd6896-45d6-5f90.jpg

Alright. Im sick of looking at yalls fancy pantsy shops so time to show mine off.

First job was picking up materials to build my 96"x96" shop. (which happened to be already attached to each other) (yes, thats inches)

Brocks Folly

and loading them on the trailer.

b241e2a0.jpg

Then I moved the bad boy about 7 miles to my place. It was a very slow ride, but nothing the old ford can't handle.

f8c3a999.jpg

There, its home!

e3e2531e.jpg

Then wired the bad boy up with 110 and 220, build a table, and added the air compressor.

67a4a06d.jpg

3f1a34e4.jpg

c6629181.jpg

[/THREAD]

I've steered away from framing mine up out of wood and a friend from work is building a metal building for me on my concrete pad. It will be built with perlin, metal siding, and roof. Going with 1 8'x10' garage door instead of rollup door, and heavy duty 3' entry door (theft deturrent). Can't wait to get this **** done! This guy from my work does this on the side with his brother locally around Northeast AL and quoted me a price I couldn't turn down for a complete building. Should be done in a few weeks when I get done deciding a couple more minor options. :drinkers:

TacomaJD said:
I've steered away from framing mine up out of wood and a friend from work is building a metal building for me on my concrete pad. It will be built with perlin, metal siding, and roof. Going with 1 8'x10' garage door instead of rollup door, and heavy duty 3' entry door (theft deturrent). Can't wait to get this **** done! This guy from my work does this on the side with his brother locally around Northeast AL and quoted me a price I couldn't turn down for a complete building. Should be done in a few weeks when I get done deciding a couple more minor options. :drinkers:
JD opt. for the sky lights, I have them in my 30X40 and damn does it make a difference, no lights need to be turned on in the day time. :****:

I've talked to him about it and am going to get at least 2 strips of it on the side of the roof that's not facing the road (for cosmetic purposes). Really need them because I will not have any windows in it, in order to keep the damn neighborhood theives out :****:

TacomaJD said:
I've talked to him about it and am going to get at least 2 strips of it on the side of the roof that's not facing the road (for cosmetic purposes). Really need them because I will not have any windows in it, in order to keep the damn neighborhood theives out :****:
I have zero windows in mine as well, just to keep out future neighbors that I don't even have yet. You will be real happy with the sky light panels.

When I build a bigger one on down the road when I have more land and $$ to work with, it will probably be pole barn style like that. Looks good! :drinkers:

Mine should be done next Tuesday! Hopefully I will be around when the guy comes to frame it up so I can take progress pics, then will post a build thread.

Gonna have two 5 ft. strips of skylights only on one side of the roof (side that's not facing the road. Roofing gapped to vent well, with oversized ridgecap. Also trying my damndest to quickly find an exhaust fan so he can frame it in and install it while he's constructing the building. 20x24 metal building, so I'm thinking this MaxxAir 18" exhaust fan with 3/4 hp, 1,100 rpms, and 3,000 CFM's should be plenty. Pretty good price too. I'm not really savvy on these shutter fans, but from what I've gathered since yesterday evening during my super in depth online resourcing ::) this looks to be the best bang for your buck to me. Idk, check it out and let me know what yall think. :drinkers:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200446030_200446030

Started on it today, this was right before I had to go to work at 2pm.....talked to him a little bit ago and they got one side of metal on before they called it a day. Should be done tomorrow evening, then finish installing the doors, exhaust fan, and gutters on Thursday. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Resampled_2012-09-04_12-39-50_365.jpg

TacomaJD said:
Started on it today, this was right before I had to go to work at 2pm.....talked to him a little bit ago and they got one side of metal on before they called it a day. Should be done tomorrow evening, then finish installing the doors, exhaust fan, and gutters on Thursday. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Did they get ya all finished up?

ridered3 said:
Did they get ya all finished up?

I work 2nd shift so they were still working on it when I left. Think he said they would have roof done by the end of the day and they already pretty much had all the siding done and the entry door installed and most of the trim. I figure they will have to maybe finish a little roofing tomorrow along with installing the garage door and exhaust fan. Then gutters will be installed either late tomorrow evening or Friday morning. :drinkers:

Can't wait til it's done and wired!