• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pictures of Man Made obstacles

L

lowbudgetjunk

I have not made it to as many parks as I would like to, but I know there are quite a bit of good obstacles that are man made. I am going to show this thread to the STL (Stoney Lonesome) park manager to give them some ideas of what can be done. This is a county owned park and it is possible for them to come across a whole plethora of objects that individuals might not be able to get for "free."

Please post up good pictures of Man Made obstacles only. *****edit - The Gap is the one park that I have been too and have some ideas from.

Thanks in advance,
Kel

Lawrence Patton does about 90% of their work for them on the excavating side.

We just need to talk him into going riding with us which isn't hard. Just ask him and he is in

wont work said:
Lawrence Patton does about 90% of their work for them on the excavating side.

We just need to talk him into going riding with us which isn't hard. Just ask him and he is in

Ole Lawrence is a cool dude! :****:

lowbudgetjunk said:
JohnG you should stop in and give them some feedback too. September 28th if you don't have a ride planned.

Calendar is full. But would like to be informed of future dates.

We rock grand nationals in spring Texas had a 6 foot deep 4 1/2 foot wide ditch made into a circle. Had about a 5 foot wide little island in the middle. Had'em all fouled up, except for jesse Haines.
Sorry, no pic.

YouTube or google the great american park (GAP) in auburn, al it's all man made by John Glass

Re: Re: Pictures of Man Made obstacles

I haven't seen many like you all are talking about but a few buddies & I have some of our own lol

gy2u8e5e.jpg
agusugyp.jpg

The big pile Steve had at River Rock was fun. I'll try to come up with some pics if I get a chance.

imarockfan said:
The big pile Steve had at River Rock was fun. I'll try to come up with some pics if I get a chance.
Widow maker, I thought I had some pics. but photobucket is sucking for me right now. A good bit of RR was man made, but it was done by a wheeler for us wheelers, the key to it I think is for someone to do like Steve did, before every big ride, spend a day with the backhoe moving a few rocks or digging a new hole in a trail, it always kept things fresh so it was different every trip.

tiny said:
We rock grand nationals in spring Texas had a 6 foot deep 4 1/2 foot wide ditch made into a circle. Had about a 5 foot wide little island in the middle. Had'em all fouled up, except for jesse Haines.
Sorry, no pic.

I looked through my old pics and I was not able to find any of the obstacles. I raced in a Moroc race on that course. It was made out of shotcrete and had A LOT of grip. There was a tall hill with it and then there was a deep ditch that had it that you throttle out of. A lot of the manmade stuff is done with shotcrete. I have also seen some using the concrete culverts stacked up.

http://www.werocklive.com/comps/06_columbus/06_columbus_final.php

Hard to see much of it from this page but this is a completely man made 4x4 park here in Columbus Oh and only a few miles from my house. Unfourtantely nobody is allowed to use it anymore and its just sitting back there in an industrial area going to waste. We've tried getting a hold of someone in the past to let us play around on it for a day but I guess the lawyers aren't having it. Heard it cost over a million to build, pretty sad.