• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pilchuck snow run

there is snow up there. see rigs heading up all day.. wish I could go play...icy up there right now did a roll over earlier up the loop and it was slick...have fun if you go.. we do recoveries up there also :D

They must not allow any travel up Pilchuck in the snow any more. Green mountain then, any one? I really don't want to go alone.

Rig's in the shop getting a ton of maintence done otherwise id be down to go, getting ready for hangover run!

Might head out tomorrow instead for Green mountain if that would work out better for some....Thinking around noon.

I need to get our rig out and check things out.
Also really want to check out Green Mountain area. Noon would be great but not sure where to hook up at?
Let me know, I need to get some wheel time on the MissCreant, and be sure she is ready for Hangover run..hehe

We could meet at the Lake Stevens Safeway gas station at noon. My rig is on a 79 camo flat bed, hard to miss. Cell # 425_366_0268 my name is Steve.

The last time I went to Green mountain. I parked my truck & trailer at the base of the snow line, where there was plenty of room to turn a semi around.
We made a run up to the top, & back.
There was a Forest Service agent, & the Sheriff waiting for us. 4 rigs didn't have their mud flaps on, since they'd taken them off. I rolled immediately up on to my trailer & buckled down.
The F.S. agent was all excited about a Toyota he saw going another way, & called in the Sheriff.
I was the only one trailered, he sent them down the road with the lecture of mirrors, fender flares, etc. etc.
He comes over to me, addressing me by name, which was obtained from an illegal search of my vehicle, since my passenger left the back door unlocked.
The tabs on my truck and trailer, appearantly were 6 days past due. The tabs said 01/09, & it was Jan 29th, '09.
I even had mobile internet & a lap top in my truck, that I told him I could renew them online as soon as I had a signal. I didn't know the exact date they expire was enforced. $600 federal ticket, & he sent the case to the Bellingham court, since I asked him to send it to Seattle.
Turns out, it can be tough to find the federal court sometimes. They move around, & rent space from different places. The phone is an automated run around in Texas.
What a nightmare! I wrote a bunch of letters, with no response. But I did get a letter about dropping a warrant.
Anyway, I'd love to check it out, but I trailer my jeep everywhere. Green mountains seems off limits? For modified vehicles, that is.
The Fuzz said if you can't drive legally on I-5, you can't drive on forest service roads.:rolleyes:

I know that sucks because you really going do damage a passing by vehicle in deep snow cuz of no mud flaps and no fender flairs. I usually park my tow rig along the main high way because my rig is still some what legal.

The last time I went to Green mountain. I parked my truck & trailer at the base of the snow line, where there was plenty of room to turn a semi around.
We made a run up to the top, & back.
There was a Forest Service agent, & the Sheriff waiting for us. 4 rigs didn't have their mud flaps on, since they'd taken them off. I rolled immediately up on to my trailer & buckled down.
The F.S. agent was all excited about a Toyota he saw going another way, & called in the Sheriff.
I was the only one trailered, he sent them down the road with the lecture of mirrors, fender flares, etc. etc.
He comes over to me, addressing me by name, which was obtained from an illegal search of my vehicle, since my passenger left the back door unlocked.
The tabs on my truck and trailer, appearantly were 6 days past due. The tabs said 01/09, & it was Jan 29th, '09.
I even had mobile internet & a lap top in my truck, that I told him I could renew them online as soon as I had a signal. I didn't know the exact date they expire was enforced. $600 federal ticket, & he sent the case to the Bellingham court, since I asked him to send it to Seattle.
Turns out, it can be tough to find the federal court sometimes. They move around, & rent space from different places. The phone is an automated run around in Texas.
What a nightmare! I wrote a bunch of letters, with no response. But I did get a letter about dropping a warrant.
Anyway, I'd love to check it out, but I trailer my jeep everywhere. Green mountains seems off limits? For modified vehicles, that is.
The Fuzz said if you can't drive legally on I-5, you can't drive on forest service roads.:rolleyes:

It is that way in WA, the Forrest Service uses what ever law is in the state they are in, so if a buggy is street legal in the state then it can run the FS roads, if a quad is legal, like in Idaho, then it can run the FS roads. So in WA the state is more restrictive so the FS is also.

Had a great time up with Zuk88. A little challenging in a couple of spots for me, but Zuk88 was patient and let me go thru some learning on my rig, (The MissCreant). The Zuk also got to winch me through a couple of spots as well. Had a great time and thanks Zuk88.
You also have a PM.

That creative snatch block winching worked because other wise we would have both been wadded up at the bottom (crunch!) From the looks of that section we saw the culvert is new and by next year it should be filled in and easily passable. My tires are clean now :D