• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Please pray for and consider the Gilberts

LandSpeeder

King of the Bammers
I'm not sure if Joey has been on here to let you guys know, so I'll just copy and paste his FB post:

It is with great joy, and sadness, that Megan and I announce the birth and passing of our twins, Olivia Grace and Christopher Joseph Gilbert. Olivia came first at 3:45am on March 6th and Christopher came to us the following morning at 2:07. We are truly blessed to have had Olivia and Christopher in our life, if only for a few precious hours each. We know that God has two perfect angels in heaven and that one day we will see them again. Doctors carefully explained to us all of our options. We were faced with the hardest decisions of our lives, but ultimately, we followed the advice of our doctors and let nature take it's course. We did everything possible to ensure that our precious babies did not suffer and are confident they did not. Our babies will not be going home with us but we take great comfort in knowing that they are residing in the house of our Lord and Savior. Olivia and Christopher are in heaven and will never know the pain and suffering of this world and in this we find peace.
Please excuse the brevity of this announcement. We have much facing us and we are starting the healing process. Megan is doing well but will need the love and support of our friends and family.
We are in the process of making funeral arrangements and will announce them once finalized.

There has been a fund set up for them:

http://www.gofundme.com/o73bak?fb_action_ids=10152726098193441&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=undefined

Please lift them up in your prayers first and foremost.

Joey, we love you brother.

This really saddens me! My heart sank reading this post, it is one of the hardest things for a parent to have to do. Thoughts and Prayers go out to the family for strength and Faith!

God must be in need of little Angels because I know of several precious babies that has went home to him here recently!

Man, that is terrible. The post is amazing though, no way I could put something that great together. He is so right about the babies and them being with Jesus. I will def. pray for them.

My heart aches for the Gilberts. I do not know them and probably never will but the loss of a child is something no one should have to experience. They are in my prayers.

Man dang. I almost didn't open this till I made it back home. No matter how many times I see this , even not knowin them it really gets to me. These folks along with others, (2 in this thread already) have to be the strongest folks in the world. My God my heart hurts for all of yAll. Can't imagine. U can Bet the farm I'm sendin a few buks. I think it's good for us to help each other out if we have been blessed with the ability to financially. That's what it's all about. Helpin others. Will be thinkin bout this all day. I would think stayin positive and the couple leanin on each other would be the only way to make it.

I saw this on FB Sunday morning and it is all I could think about at church on Sunday. Tons of prayers sent their way. I can't even imagine how difficult this is on them.

Thank you all so much. This is the hardest time of my life. The support we have received is nothing short of incredible. We read every message and comment we have gotten multiple times. It really helps knowing there are people who care and mourn with us. Even people we have never met.

I am so proud of my wife. She has shown a strength I never knew any one person could possess. We have all had our moments and countless tears have been shed. Throughout it all you has been entirely selfless and put our babies at the forefront of her thoughts. At one point she admitted praying for
Christopher life to be spared and hers taken in his place.

The very last conversation she had before I quickly shuffled her out of the labor and delivery halls was with a lactation nurse about options for donating milk. Less than 48 hours before she had the greatest trauma of her life and now all she could think about is helping others.

She fought hard for our babies but we left it in God's hands. We said our goodbyes and made our peace. It just wasn't meant to be. I'm happy knowing they did not suffer and will never have to ensure the pain of this world.

Thank you all for your kind words and support

Joey Gilbert

March 6, 2015 & March 7, 2015 Olivia Grace and Christopher Joseph Gilbert were held and loved by mommy and daddy for a lifetime. Olivia went to be with the Lord on March 6th at 6:45 a.m. and Christopher on March 7th at 4:55 a.m., only a few precious hours after coming into this world. While their time here was brief, they touched the lives of many. Olivia and Christopher were greeted in Heaven by great-grandparents, Aida Sheib Shunnarah, Oscar Edward and Elsie Mae Kendrick Gilbert and Billy Joe Cooper. The twins will be forever missed by their parents, Joseph Edward and Megan Abbott Gilbert; great-grandparents, Joseph Jubran Shunnarah, Barbara Beasley Cooper and Frances Whitley Abbott; grandparents, Richard Wayne and Patricia Shunnarah Gilbert, Steve and Courtney Cooper Parker and Edward Abbott; aunts and uncles, Patrick Gilbert, Thomas Gilbert and Matthew and Ashlyn Abbott Nilsen; cousins, Jackson and Ryan Nilsen and a host of loving family. "Each new life, no matter how fragile or brief, forever changes the world" Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart... Jeremiah 1:5 Graveside services will be held on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 2:30 p.m. at Walker Chapel Cemetery in Fultondale under the direction of Walker Chapel Funeral Home, 205-849-5000. - See more at: http://mobileobits.al.com/obituaries/birmingham/obituary.aspx?n=Olivia-and-Christopher-Gilbert&pid=174360798&referrer=24&preview=True#sthash.MlIVaQkQ.dpuf

Joey

I have been holding off on posting until something profound hit me to say, but the words just haven't come. It is so heartbreaking. Jessie and I have prayed for you guys since I found out. I can't imagine what you and Megan must be going through. I will continue to pray for y'all.

Re:

Man that's really tough to read. I have tears. I'm sending prayers for you and your family. God bless y'all.