• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PNW Reiter involvement?

So it seems as though what I suspected is true. Most of us don't understand the structure of the PNW and the fact that it's an association of clubs, the PNW itself isn't a club. If you want PNW involvement why would you not contact a local PNW club? Has this been done? What club did you contact?.......The PNW's interests are in it's member clubs interests not in what the masses think their interests should be. If you want PNW interested you need to do it through a club.
Having said this individual members like myself may or may not be interested just don't expect a hoard of political structure to follow us around.:cheer:

(ok Tod, an NMA or AMA member?)

Northwest Motorcycle Association - Legislative/Land Use Coordinator (former President and/or Vice President for 15 years)

Washington Off Highway Vehicle Alliance - Political Action Committee Chairman

Blue Ribbon Coalition, American Motorcycle Association and National Rifle Association - member

4x4 club member - not yet, ya'll would have way too much fun laughing at my 2005 Explorer :;

So it seems as though what I suspected is true. Most of us don't understand the structure of the PNW and the fact that it's an association of clubs, the PNW itself isn't a club. If you want PNW involvement why would you not contact a local PNW club? Has this been done? What club did you contact?.......The PNW's interests are in it's member clubs interests not in what the masses think their interests should be. If you want PNW interested you need to do it through a club.
Having said this individual members like myself may or may not be interested just don't expect a hoard of political structure to follow us around.:cheer:

Ya well I do understand and the channels were followed with the same outcome. and now those people are no longer active with PNW.

Here what I see with PNW and Reiter, they will sit on the sidelines while decisions are being made. Then as soon as construction starts, the herd will migrate and complain about every twist turn and rock. :hi:

Rock on bro and let me know where the light is for I can follow the pack :haha:

I asked Daren to get involved in that trail after getting a PM from Alan asking for help. As far as I know he has steped up (as your post also states) There are several other PNW4WDA members on here that help out as well I believe

Mike, if you remember correctly several years ago just when all of this was just starting with reiter and I was the President of the PNW4WDA I came to you volunteering our help and asking you several times to let us help with our tools already in hand. You flat out told me with no uncertanty that you and the RTW wanted to do things your own way and had a "differant" way planned that didnt involve the PNW4WDA. I have yet to see anyone from the RTW approach the PNW4WDA at any of our regular buisness meetings. Our Fall Delegates meeting is next month. If you were to ask our state director (Dorthy Churchill) I am sure she would love to enertain a proposal on how the PNW4WDA could get involved in helping the RTW with reiter.

Lets try and work together and maybe we can get somewhere. This bashing does no one any good.

So what is being done right now at the PNW level to alleviate any more bs?

As for RTW no what I said is we as an organization would not join the PNW. But case in point the whole issue is not the PNW working with RTW but the PNW getting involved and working at reiter.

Again all BS aside I thought the PNW was for wheelers and legal wheeling areas?

As a member of a club that is affiliated with PNW, I do what I can to support Reiter's forward movement...have been to one work party this yr, and am hoping to make a couple more as time/money allows. It is a long drive for me, and any other members of our club......I can relate tho to the frustration, as it's hard to get anyone to commit on one given day due to life's obstacles. Wish I could do more, but...

crash;896301 Again all BS aside I thought the PNW was for wheelers and legal wheeling areas?[/QUOTE said:
Not exactly. The PNW is about the best interest of the member clubs.......''all BS aside'' what is it exactly that anyone wants the PNW to do?

Not exactly. The PNW is about the best interest of the member clubs.......''all BS aside'' what is it exactly that anyone wants the PNW to do?

If thats the case wouldn't that be make sure there are areas for them to use?

Region 1 meetings are the Third Wednesday of the month. The latest Tri Power shows that Reiter is a topic of discussion. Please feel free to show up and ask for support. We also discuss Reiter happenings at Region 2

Who is it that gets most of. The funding approved for reiter charlie?

Since no one from the ORV community was at the NOVA presentations when funding was deciden and Glen from EMBA spoke up and said it needed to get funded. PLEASE enlighten us all on how your statment is true. I know a lot of people helped in the funding push for Reiter. The $550 K is a great start and aling with the $450K for the non moto side. along with the $125 for E&E All of the towns and businesses groups all were pushing for funding the project. I think it was a group effort. Not one group aside from any other

That's it? Really?.....Many PNW memebers have been to work parties does that not show support?
OK, is there anything that you need?

I am not harping on the members in any way and never have I brought up anything about the members. I think that there are a lot of members that do a lot of good. This is more leadership, than members. It isn't about the work parties. Please look at the bigger picture of support

What I would like to see.
Lets start with the web site being updated and current events posted

Last edited:
Since no one from the ORV community was at the NOVA presentations when funding was deciden and Glen from EMBA spoke up and said it needed to get funded. PLEASE enlighten us all on how your statment is true.

Some of us know people that sit on the NOVA advisory committee and communicate with them personally so we don't have to be at every presentation to have our position taken into consideration.

Since no one from the ORV community was at the NOVA presentations when funding was deciden and Glen from EMBA spoke up and said it needed to get funded. PLEASE enlighten us all on how your statment is true. I know a lot of people helped in the funding push for Reiter. The $550 K is a great start and aling with the $450K for the non moto side. along with the $125 for E&E All of the towns and businesses groups all were pushing for funding the project. I think it was a group effort. Not one group aside from any other

I am not harping on the members in any way and never have I brought up anything about the members. I think that there are a lot of members that do a lot of good. This is more leadership, than members. It isn't about the work parties. Please look at the bigger picture of support

What I would like to see.
Lets start with the web site being updated and current events posted

Arlene was there. She is our voice on the NOVA committe and the one that made sure your money was made available. :awesomework:

Some of us know people that sit on the NOVA advisory committee and communicate with them personally so we don't have to be at every presentation to have our position taken into consideration.

exactly :awesomework:

Why don't you write up a "what's been done and what's needed" piece and send it with pictures to this email address [email protected]. It will be published and will raise awareness.

Do you have a cloning device for that I can have the time to do this:haha:

Something to work towards, but for now I will just keep doing what I do

Funny I get talked about and no mention of cooking or gnomes.:haha:

I will mention that I am fairly new to the push behind re-opening Reiter, because I thought it was a lost cause. Now I'm behind it 100%. And yes, I am a PNW Member, a club member, and a wanna-be racer.:D

I have brought the work being done up at Reiter to the attention of the Timber Tamers club meeting last week, and have also sent out an invitation for the Tamers to come up and meet me at the work party. Considering I almost never bring anything up to address the club with, that should say something. Crash even made a celebrity appearance and spoke his piece. :awesomework:

Arlene was there. She is our voice on the NOVA committe and the one that made sure your money was made available. :awesomework:

So she did it all by her self and there was no other. Also Sky valley was there and the chair was empty. But please explain more on your origional comment that PNW did everything for Reiter funding, Also why don't you throw in that they also got the code revision re-ritten or maybe throw in the stradigy of dealing with the envirmentalist for they didn't contest the SEPA

But all that is going to do is bring more bickering. We have an ORV area that has funding and work needs to get done. Tomorrow I am meeting David at 9 and we are starting to station out the trails for Sundays work party. We can sit here and bitch and whine about who does more. That still doesn't get the work done

we are almost done clearing the trails. I hope Saturday we can finnish with the hard work if enough people can show up

Sunday is going to be fun. It is what we all have been waiting for