• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pokeys rebuild

In this set Tonight I redid the motor mount x member so that if needed the oil pan could be removed without having to lift the motor:redneck:

um.. why the gaskets if its just for mount flanges? am i the only one wondering what exactly needs to not "LEAK" ?:haha: cool work but why the gaskets :redneck:

um.. why the gaskets if its just for mount flanges? am i the only one wondering what exactly needs to not "LEAK" ?:haha: cool work but why the gaskets :redneck:

jeeze you could have linked the page at least so I didnt have to go hunting:booo: . The gaskets are to keep the water from getting in and rusting the tube out.

Were's the pics of your purdy new floor?

Well I dont know about purdy but their in now:cheer: sure looked nice with all the bends (thanks Kevin) but then some butcher with a welder got ahold of them:booo: Maybe some pics tonight

I still cant believe with all the smart asses on here that nobody has commented about the gaskets:haha:

Well I dont know about purdy but their in now:cheer: sure looked nice with all the bends (thanks Kevin) but then some butcher with a welder got ahold of them:booo: Maybe some pics tonight

I still cant believe with all the smart asses on here that nobody has commented about the gaskets:haha:

Tick Tock...you gonna wheel this year or what :fawkdancesmiley:

Tick Tock...you gonna wheel this year or what :fawkdancesmiley:

I'm trying:redneck: Heres a few from the last couple of nights. New floors, pedals and steering column. also the diff cover I picked up for the front:cheer: I am going to have to cut into the fenderwells to get the seats back far enough. To close even for a normal size guy like me :haha:

Attachments

• floor1.JPG
    floor1.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 208
  • floor2.JPG
    floor2.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 205
  • seat.JPG
    seat.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 211
  • diff cover.JPG
    diff cover.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 205
what happened to your cj5 flatfender tub? Is that column a telescopic one too? Lookin good jim, I will have to stop by and take a look.

That tub was going to be even more work than this one as well as I never would have been able to put a top on it if I wanted to. Plus this one has a tailgate which is something I wanted on this jeep. The column is a tilt tele one from a early buick I think. I dont really care for the wheel but dont know if I can change it with the telescoping feature.

That tub was going to be even more work than this one as well as I never would have been able to put a top on it if I wanted to. Plus this one has a tailgate which is something I wanted on this jeep. The column is a tilt tele one from a early buick I think. I dont really care for the wheel but dont know if I can change it with the telescoping feature.

Oh the wheel looks fine for a wheelin rig, it just looked alot like my caddy telescopic I had for a while. You should add some metal to the cowl and make it a hi-hood. I went ahead and guaranteed that I would do anything while off work. I broke my left foot! Now I have to wear a brace thing for 6 weeks. I might stop by tomorrow, you gonna be around or working?

Oh the wheel looks fine for a wheelin rig, it just looked alot like my caddy telescopic I had for a while. You should add some metal to the cowl and make it a hi-hood. I went ahead and guaranteed that I would do anything while off work. I broke my left foot! Now I have to wear a brace thing for 6 weeks. I might stop by tomorrow, you gonna be around or working?

working but probably around all weekend

Got a little bit done yesterday:cheer: seeing as to how this tub has been around for some 60 odd years it was due for a little structural repair:booo: jpfreak bent up these neat ribs to go over the old ones to rebuild the ribbing (thanks Kevin:cheer: ) Almost looks like new now:haha:

Attachments

• tub1.JPG
    tub1.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 247
  • tub2.JPG
    tub2.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 250
  • tub3.JPG
    tub3.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 245
  • tub4.JPG
    tub4.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 248
  • tub5.JPG
    tub5.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 246
for all you pipe haters I went and got DOM for the cage. 6 sticks of 1.5 x120 wall:cheer: Thanks for the hookup Avatone:awesomework: Now I just need to get the jeep put back together and out to AMJs place for him to create something beautiful:cheer:

Attachments

• tube1.JPG
    tube1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 210
  • tube2.JPG
    tube2.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 207
for all you pipe haters I went and got DOM for the cage. 6 sticks of 1.5 x120 wall:cheer: Thanks for the hookup Avatone:awesomework: Now I just need to get the jeep put back together and out to AMJs place for him to create something beautiful:cheer:

Hmm now where did I put that bender again :eeek: :redneck:

couple more:cheer: New detroit for the front , return line adapter and bushings for the cage to tie into the frame. also got the gizmo to have turn signals without the colume switch.

Attachments

• bushings.JPG
    bushings.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 147
  • detroit.JPG
    detroit.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 147

Latest posts