• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pokeys rebuild

Got a few things done this weekend. All these "little" items are real time suckers:booo:
Finished up the radiator and fan mount. Got a full 1/2" of clearance to the compressor now:redneck: Wound up tieing it to the nose bar for the upper mount. Found some alum, tube that fit over the 3/8" bolts and then drilled some 1" holes in the grill for grommets so the grill has a little movement from the frame. Got the batterys mounted under the passenger seat along with the air tank. Was a little worried about have the batterys on their side on the floor (rubbing) so I found a great use for a couple of old mouse pads:haha: The winch syl, is for tieing the batterys together for charging and when that extra grunt when needed for long pulls. Even got the starter syl, mounted. Bunch of other small things but they all need to be done:booo:

Attachments

• halfinch.JPG
    halfinch.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 497
  • radfin1.JPG
    radfin1.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 492
  • battmats.jpg
    battmats.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 485
  • batts.JPG
    batts.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 495
  • starter syl.JPG
    starter syl.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 493
where's the progress pics? I thought you said you were going to get some work done on it the other night? :stirpot: :corn:

The customer I am working for right now is working me into the ground:booo: hell I even had to work this morning:booo: :haha: good thing though is I stopped at a garage sale and picked up a almost new Millwauke portaband for $50.00 :cheer: Then spent the afternoon at a family thing. tomorrow we have the rally and thennn I get to work on my jeep :cheer:

I still have to make them but will post them up have you seen larry's from blast he has the red highhood well heres a pic of his they will be similar

This looks remarkably like Henry's old rig from about 92/93. Had a wicked small block with a big cam back then. Stainless hood and windshield frame.

:awesomework:Hey Jim, try not to run the winch on the side post, it wont carry the load, it'll melt the terminal, hate to see that, looks good!

This looks remarkably like Henry's old rig from about 92/93. Had a wicked small block with a big cam back then. Stainless hood and windshield frame.

I think I remember it. did he run with bobby longs crew alot? I know I saw it at evans creek a few times. didnt he have it through the late 90s?

I think I remember it. did he run with bobby longs crew alot? I know I saw it at evans creek a few times. didnt he have it through the late 90s?
Probably a different guy. IIRC, Henry got rid of his in 93 or 94. He didn't go out much.

jim paging jim? any updates?

Nothing to see here move along :booo: currently gathering parts for the drivelines. Just found out on thursday that my drainfield is going to need about $4000 worth of work so again the jeep falls into last place :booo:

Yea been working on it again. Getting the glass put in the windshield now and getting yhe drivelines done this week.

GO POKEY GO!!!! Jim i hate to say it but you are living up to your screen name. haha. Im messing with ya. did you put the wide seat on the passenger side for me haha. I gotta get by and say hello. :cheer:

Latest posts