• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Polaris RZR Boat sides

Re: Re: Polaris RZR Boat sides

rednecklights said:
if you boat side it , where do you plan on moving the gas tank and battery?

great idea but
1. it will hurt resale
2. more trouble than its worth

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Not really worried about resale. I just wanted to bring it up about 1-2" below the doors. I am always grabbing logs and rocks under the doors. I was trying to think of a better alternative to rock sliders. I would like to have a little better clearance under the doors.

This is kind of what I had in mind.
454728d1247778160-jagged-x-new-rock-crawler-rzr-spy-pic.jpg

There's a guy that copperhead42 has filmed that cut his S up pretty high. Looked good from film. Might try to get in touch with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a cell its doable. If you don't want to tackly that, don't think any more on it. If you are competent of a cell and the plumbing involved with that, you should be more than comfortable with whacking the sides off.
The S you are talking about in our group is actually cut worse than you're thinking, he took the whole belly out and put another ujoint in the middle, made the driveshaft come up by the shifter then back down. The whole middle is like 6" up.

Post pictures when you're done. Ive finally decided mine has sat long enough and is gettin a rebuild. Might be interested in tryin whatever you come up with bc I steadily destroy rocker panels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at using the stock frame when I got my donor car for my build but I figure since you would loose the tub, have relocate fuel tank/ battery, as well as everything else I might as well start from scratch and not worry about beefing up the frame and hoping it holds up.

But it's really hard to find build threads from guys who have built there rzr and redone parts of the frame like the one above.

I built boat sides into my build, kind of a key feature in my opinion getting the belly narrow and good boat sides.