• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Powerline Park Videos, SRRS

People are gonna cry no matter what the sport does. Just because it has ROCK in the name does not mean it has to be on the rocks all the time. I like the fact that they are going to other parks and hitting different hills. If they went to the same park each time and did the same rock garden each time people would stop coming out. Not every park is going to have rocks that are enough to challenge these crazy built rigs. I like watching the hill climbs, rocks, launching, and even the mud its ok to mix it up.

I would like to see more in car video in the future. I also like to see the drivers take on the hill before hand.

I'm waiting for SRRS to show up and run YouTube Hill @ Stony Lonesome. It's got plenty of rocks......and for y'all that just wanna watch Hill Killing, there's two smooth hills to the left and right of it.

As for me, I like spectating for about a half hour, then I like to go and ride. Be it mud drags, monster trucks or rock racing.

You know the hill I'm talking about Cole? If I hijack and crap up your thread, might as well get an expert opinion on the hill.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I'm waiting for SRRS to show up and run YouTube Hill @ Stony Lonesome. It's got plenty of rocks......and for y'all that just wanna watch Hill Killing, there's two smooth hills to the left and right of it.

As for me, I like spectating for about a half hour, then I like to go and ride. Be it mud drags, monster trucks or rock racing.

You know the hill I'm talking about Cole? If I hijack and crap up your thread, might as well get an expert opinion on the hill.

I think the number of people through the gate for any event of this size at Stony would be sky high

I think its pretty cool SRRS is putting in the effort to spread the sport because we are heavily outnumbered by people that object to what we enjoy simply because they don't understand it…

I really enjoy seeing these rigs perform on different terrain, watching the drivers skill progress ect, and it seems like racer attendance is up this year so it all seems to be working for SRRS..

cole I really dig the drivers interviews…

I think i just saw the best plowboy run ever! looks like he's getting the hang of the new ride.

I think its all fun to watch. But I don't kid anyone about "our sport." SRRS isn't "our sport" anymore. It has become "their sport" because no normal people can afford to be competitive and normal people don't consistently ride that type of terrain for pleasure. The risk to reward ratio is too skewed to make it viable on a regular basis. I also don't think its sustainable from a physical health standpoint. Bobby's body will be paying for those hills the rest of his life, don't care how tough he is. I don't consider it wrong or anything, just the natural progression / evolution of an extreme thing. I still enjoy a slo-mo rock crawling comp that involves strategy as well the the AOP 4-cyl comp just as much if not more than SRRS-style events. Back when that BT buggy winched that one hill to win the comp I remember thinking, "What a genius stroke of strategy!"

I remember at one of the Eroc events when Randy Torbet walked this insane crack in a vertical wall using his stickies (rare at the time) and rear steer which put him way ahead and won the comp. That wasn't just the rig, it was the presence of mind to know the rig could do it and how to do it. It took him like 5 minutes to travel 50' but it was awe-inspiring IMO.

Batmobile Will said:
I've raced SRRS hill killing events , AOP Rock racing events and TY woods corse events had a great time at all three I think if Yall would get off hardline and come on out you to would have a great time instead of crying about what someone else is doing come on out and have a good time !!! :dblthumb:

I wish you would get off Hardline & go suck on a ****in' tailpipe :****:

Batmobile Will said:
I've raced SRRS hill killing events , AOP Rock racing events and TY woods corse events had a great time at all three I think if Yall would get off hardline and come on out you to would have a great time instead of crying about what someone else is doing come on out and have a good time !!! :dblthumb:

I'm trying to continue to like you. Ease up man. Everyone has opinions and it's the internet so they are shared freely. Different strokes for different folks. I like to ride, you like to compete. No winners or losers as far as what type of wheeling we like. The only winners and losers are how we present ourselves. In person you are a great guy, cared for your family and seemed overall like you have your **** together. On the Internet, you have a lot to learn. There are a lot of people that will avoid you because of some of the self absorbed rants and me talk. Relax and have fun. Life is too short and no one gets out alive.

I think it's very odd how if somebody has a differing opinion they are automatically crying about something. As long as they keep a mix of rock trials and muddy ass hills I guess they'll keep everybody happy. I'll just choose to go to the better events with rock trails.

It is Sad to see everyone complaining about the hills they chose.

First Off. There were no Rocks at this Park. I never saw a single one. It was all dirt, mud, and tree roots. SRRS picked the best climbs they could for the event. It wasn't easy. The Hills were 5 miles back in the woods and had to be cut mostly by hand. They did the best they could with the terrain they were given. What is important is that people got to see this sport first hand that had never seen it before. And that is what will continue to grow this sport and get these drivers the attention they deserve.

Secondly, you do not need a 100k rig to be competitive with these guys. Batmobile Will and a few others finished pretty well with home built buggies. To most of these guys, Bobby and Richie included, it is way more about putting on a good show for the crowd than winning. Bobby and Richie both rolled forward to break the beam and then backed up so they could jump the last hill just to show off for the fans. :driving:

And for anyone that thinks its easy to climb one of these hills in a bouncer must have never driven one. They make it look way easier than it actually is for sure!

I am glad that SRRS has chosen to go to different parks this year. That is what I want to see and what many of the viewers like as well. I don't want to see 30 rigs hit the same hill year after year....unless it is cable hill!

I have enjoyed being a small part of the sport and can't wait to see where it can go next. :dblthumb:

plow boy said:
I almost quit racing the series last year because it was not fun to me. I totally agree with cole and I challenge you to come to showtime hill and get shoulder to shoulder with all the fans at the base of the hill. when one of the drivers straps in and pulls his harnesses down tight pay attention to the crowd, they are super excited to see what is fixing to happened, then I think you might change your mind. I am not hating because without you watching our sport it would not exist. thanks

And that is what is all about. When I stop feeling that rush when one of yall crazies line up at the bottom of the hill I will quit filming. That is why I started filming rock bouncing in the first place. I get the best seat in the house. :popcorn:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
It is Sad to see everyone complaining about the hills they chose.

First Off. There were no Rocks at this Park. I never saw a single one. It was all dirt, mud, and tree roots. SRRS picked the best climbs they could for the event. It wasn't easy. The Hills were 5 miles back in the woods and had to be cut mostly by hand. They did the best they could with the terrain they were given. What is important is that people got to see this sport first hand that had never seen it before.
Do you or anyone here no how they go about picking a park for these events?

sledneck said:
Do you or anyone here no how they go about picking a park for these events?

I don't think they really go out looking for parks. The parks come to them. After all Who wouldn't want this type of event at their park?
This year they have a Northern Series and a Southern Series. Ohio, King Knob, and Rush are the Northern Races.
After that I guess it all comes down to logistics and money. They have to pick out parks that will get decent crowds and are willing to chip in on the expenses of running the event be that a flat fee or part of the gate. (I am just guessing here, after all I am just the camera guy)
They need to at least break even in order to keep the series going. Nothing wrong with that.

I like everything that there doing, do we have more dirt hills right now? Yes. But so what. That hill at windrock was sick, took major balls to even try, several guys didn't and I don't blame them.

Remember me saying this but we'll see a bouncer vrs rail buggy contest. I bet it will be awesome :****:

I think this sport is ever evolving. Every park we go to has some of this and some of that... variety is the spice of life.

EsPowell said:
It sure has been nice watchin the new Plowboy buggy progress from a problematic show buggy to a hill killer. I mean that in no disrespect to WOD or Richie. It's been an impressive journey so far in my opinion
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was there something wrong with the throttle in the first half of the video? It seemed as though it wasn't pinned to the floor like normal. Maybe that's what kept him on all 4 tires. ???