• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

prayer request

Lampley

I know there are people worse off than I am out there, but I could use a little help..so here it goes

I took my 7 month old son to vandy children's hospital yesterday to remove a fatty deposit from his lower back. No biggie right? Wrong.... during the surgery they found that the deposit was grown into his spinal cord. So they removed part of it, and called in a neuro surgeon. After an MRI and a stay in the hospital last night. We have found out this morning that the fatty deposit is intertwined pretty bad with his spinal cord.
The neuro surgeon said that he could have his team assembled by Monday for surgery. He can remove most of it but not all of it. So my wife is scared to death, and honestly I am a little worried.
Again I hate to ask, for prayers. I know this is in God's hands now. But you can't help but worry when it is your baby.

Man, if there is one thing this board understands even with all the bs is love and compassion for one another. I am proud to say that, so when an issue like this comes up, no one here will hesitate to help out especially when it involves a wee man. THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY and keep us informed on how the little man is doing and do not hesitate to ask for help. That's what we are here for... Gregg

CHASMAN9 said:
Man, if there is one thing this board understands even with all the bs is love and compassion for one another. I am proud to say that, so when an issue like this comes up, no one here will hesitate to help out especially when it involves a wee man. THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY and keep us informed on how the little man is doing and do not hesitate to ask for help. That's what we are here for... Gregg
That my friend was VERY well put. I hate clicking on threads like this, i'm 100% positive that I get more upset than most. Reading this hurts my heart for you man.. I'm sure we're all guilty of taking so much we have for granted. Will DEF be Thinkin about YAll. A lot. Man this kinda thread really gets to me. Wish I could do somthing to help. I know the man up stairs will take care of yall. Stay positive and keep us updated.

Phillipians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

I am a pretty resilient guy and have thick skin so there is not very much that bothers me in my own life. God has saved me and I know He is here for me no matter what I go through, but when it involves my kids, it is so hard to remember that! Just run to God during this time. Keep the Word close and handy and as you get apprehensive or scared just open and read about all the beautiful things God has done and will do for us during our times of sorrow. He is there with you every step of the way and will never leave you or forsake you.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family my friend. We are all family here and like it was stated above, do not hesitate to ask for help. Vandy is a great hospital to be in with these issues.