• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

prayer request

Prayers still goin up! Stay strong and keep the faith, God is guiding the doctors hands and he will take care of him!

Update
over the last few days God as brought a peace to my heart, and I find that I am not as worried as I was earlier this week. Looking back now on all the factors that has led us to this point I now see where God has had his hand in this the entire time.
We original had the 1st surgery schedule for nov '14. Went to vandy got canceled when we arrive due to a cough he had. Rescheduled for jan '15. Canceled again when we arrived due to a cough. Monday this week still had a slight cough, no one but me and his mom heard it. Even after we told the dr he had a cough, Dr still did not hear it. Then when they ran into the problem in surgery, the good neuro surgeon "just" happened to be free enough to come into the room and assist, so no damage would be done that may complicate the next surgery. Then we were told they would keep us over night so we could get a MRI the next day. Within 15 mins of him waking up they all of the sudden had a opening in the MRI and could get us in right away. All the nurses kept saying "this never happens", and called us lucky.
Tonight as I watch the little booger play in the floor, I realized that we were not lucky. We were BLESSED! God is great!
I pray that we will be blessed again tomorrow.

Thanks again for all of the prayers, because I know that is what has help bring the peace to my heart.

Re: Re: prayer request

Lampley said:
Update
over the last few days God as brought a peace to my heart, and I find that I am not as worried as I was earlier this week. Looking back now on all the factors that has led us to this point I now see where God has had his hand in this the entire time.
We original had the 1st surgery schedule for nov '14. Went to vandy got canceled when we arrive due to a cough he had. Rescheduled for jan '15. Canceled again when we arrived due to a cough. Monday this week still had a slight cough, no one but me and his mom heard it. Even after we told the dr he had a cough, Dr still did not hear it. Then when they ran into the problem in surgery, the good neuro surgeon "just" happened to be free enough to come into the room and assist, so no damage would be done that may complicate the next surgery. Then we were told they would keep us over night so we could get a MRI the next day. Within 15 mins of him waking up they all of the sudden had a opening in the MRI and could get us in right away. All the nurses kept saying "this never happens", and called us lucky.
Tonight as I watch the little booger play in the floor, I realized that we were not lucky. We were BLESSED! God is great!
I pray that we will be blessed again tomorrow.

Thanks again for all of the prayers, because I know that is what has help bring the peace to my heart.
Glad to hear this. Hopefully everything will continue to work out.

Update
prayer works!!
The surgery went good. When they got into his spine the fatty deposit was not mixed with the nerves. Funny the MRI showed it was last week. I guess God was listening to all the prayers. So far looks like no nerve damage. Dr could not remove all of fatty depoist, but we knew that would be the case. This will just have to be something that we have to keep an eye on the rest of his life, to ensure it does not grow back.
He will have to lay on his back for 24 hrs to ensure no issues with spinal fluid leaking. So we really can't hold him yet, we can just pet his head and talk to him. may get to come home Wednesday.

On a side note while sitting in the recovery room with him and a lot of other kids waking up from surgery. I realized I could never be one of those nurses there. As we were sitting there I heard a nurse say "get the crash cart! and call a code!" Then a nurse came running past pushing this cart. That is when I realized a kid a few beds down was dieing. So say a prayer for that family, I don't know them or the child. Am not even sure if the child made it. I honestly didn't want to listen. But there are people at Vandy tonight with kids a lot sicker than mine.

Thanks again for all of the prayers.

Lampley said:
Update
prayer works!!
The surgery went good. When they got into his spine the fatty deposit was not mixed with the nerves. Funny the MRI showed it was last week. I guess God was listening to all the prayers. So far looks like no nerve damage. Dr could not remove all of fatty depoist, but we knew that would be the case. This will just have to be something that we have to keep an eye on the rest of his life, to ensure it does not grow back.
He will have to lay on his back for 24 hrs to ensure no issues with spinal fluid leaking. So we really can't hold him yet, we can just pet his head and talk to him. may get to come home Wednesday.

On a side note while sitting in the recovery room with him and a lot of other kids waking up from surgery. I realized I could never be one of those nurses there. As we were sitting there I heard a nurse say "get the crash cart! and call a code!" Then a nurse came running past pushing this cart. That is when I realized a kid a few beds down was dieing. So say a prayer for that family, I don't know them or the child. Am not even sure if the child made it. I honestly didn't want to listen. But there are people at Vandy tonight with kids a lot sicker than mine.

Thanks again for all of the prayers.

We seen near the same thing when our twins were born.. I now know why my buddy that works with dieing kids loves alcohol so much, we thank god for what he does but also pray that he will find another way to deal. I sent prayers for yall when I read this however it was after the surgery. Prayer does work though. :)

Re: prayer request

Prayers for your son and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk