• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pressed or solid??

poolman

Alright , still going through this wheel dilemma. Seems like the weight of H1s isn't a huge factor over aluminum single beadlocks. So what's stronger on recentered H1s? Solid or pressed centers?? I've always had solid but pressed looks to be lighter? Thoughts?

Pressed centers seem stronger to me.Have a few buddies that had 3/8in flat centers that were gusseted and bent the hell out of them.Went to pressed haven't bent them since.And yes they are lighter

I have always heard the pressed are stronger. I've never had an issue with mine other than an un-reinforced inner bead getting bent. I think the dimples in then help with the strength.

Pressed all day long way stronger than any flat or gusseted center. I bent 4 gusseted centers in two rides been rocking pressed centers over a year no problem

Yep. I did my research on this also Ant.. Pressed is lighter and stronger so they say.. But you tear apart a wheel with a flat center and I can almost promise that a wheel is your last concern at that point. I used flat cause I finally ran across a set for less than pressed. And I really don't like the look of the pressed... Had I found them cheaper I would have went with them.. All good I'm sure....

Re: Re: Pressed or solid??

jccarter1 said:
Pressed all day long way stronger than any flat or gusseted center. I bent 4 gusseted centers in two rides been rocking pressed centers over a year no problem
How and where are they gusseted and where did they bend?

I think gusseted flat ones can last if gusseted enough and in the right place.

Stamped are better but more money and have more limitations.

Re:

I bent two 3/8 flat centers mine bent just out from the mounting surface. Also bent the inside lips bad enough to go flat immediately and had to hammer them out. Pressed over flat any day for me.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Latest posts