• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

propane and turbo on a toyota motor??

I got a buddy with a zuk, 22r on propane, the turbo really woke it up, big difference. I'll try to get some pictures

working on changing turbos rite now but as soon as im done ill post up some pics. in mean time ill try to dig up some old pics of the old turbo setup

2nd one is kinda blurry

I just built a header an put turbo on top of it, used 6" exhaust tubing for the top hat on the 425 mixer and welded a piece of tubing on it to connect the compressor side to, then welded a heater hose fitting it the top hat to run a balance tube to the vaporiser. Very simple to do. I run 10/11 lbs on my old motor. running 15 lbs on my new one

no its off a thunderbird/ turbo coupe. It finally gave out on me... new one im in process of putting on is a garrett gt2560r ball bearing.

Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
That seems like a big mixer for that engine, but you don't haveta worry about running out of fuel

yea it is actually way to big but ive only got it running off of 2 barrels instead of all 4. I do use alot of propane compared to other 4 cylinder rigs but its really not all that much more than the gas I was using when I had a weber carb.

alscott said:
yea it is actually way to big but ive only got it running off of 2 barrels instead of all 4. I do use alot of propane compared to other 4 cylinder rigs but its really not all that much more than the gas I was using when I had a weber carb.

you could likely get away with a 200 or 225 mixer, def a 300/325. but if it works, its works.

paradisepwoffrd said:
you could likely get away with a 200 or 225 mixer, def a 300/325. but if it works, its works.

Ive considered the change but I hate to mess it up plus I know the reliability of the 425 over the others