• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane ???

79F150

OK so I really want to convert and get away from a carb. I am noticing lots of kits out there and how price differs a lot between them.

First kit and most well known is the got propane kit for $1150

http://www.gotpropane.com/p4.html

Next kit is offered at Jasper ( I am not a fan of the company but hey it is not anything they rebuilt either) $864

http://www.jasperengines.com/rock-crawler.php

Last kit was Nash Fuels ( I don't know anything about them) $695

http://www.nashfuel.com/conversionkits.asp

So my questions are? Who have you used? Do you recommend them? Are these kits complete? Any other suggestions I maybe missing? I already have 2 10 gallon aluminum tanks for it.

Thanks Dale

Cool glad to hear he is good to work with. What I have noticed is got propane states that the other kits are not complete and theirs is. Well $1150 seems like a lot of money and $700 sounds real nice but if I have to buy $400 of other stuff to make the $700 kit what the $1150 kit is then its not a good deal anymore? Make sense?

I have the GotPropane kit on my 4runner. I am happy with it so far, 4 months since install. The only thing it didn't have was the mounting bolts for the tank straps and the mounting bolts and bracket for the mixer. The guy is great with customer service and you can call him if you have any issues or questions.

I have heard that customer service was great from him. How hard is it to tune the system once it is installed? :dblthumb:

Nash sell things individually also not just kits..alot of folks just buy the Mixer and vaporizer and pickup a used baseplate somewhere and make your own lines up.That should save you a bit of money and hassle of adapting pre-made plumbing to work with your particular vehicle..

pm KXCRAWLER13 he can probably get every thing you need cheap, I bought mine from him and have had no problems with it

Call bill nash at nash fuels. I have bought kits from him the kits are pretty much complete. You may have to buy a fitting or two but it is the best value and the identicle hard parts you get from other places. He keeps stuff in stock too!!

x2 on nash....easy to work with and they will help troubleshoot also. they offer a diaphram kit thats supposed to last longer too

79F150 said:
I have heard that customer service was great from him. How hard is it to tune the system once it is installed? :dblthumb:

Really easy to tune. Basically just run the engine till it warms up a little then turn the screw/dial to set your mixture. took about a minute.

We run a couple of our rigs off forklift stuff we have pulled and have never had any problems. Around 50-100 bucks and easy install and you are rollin. Find Impco stuff as it is the best. Mike

I used Nash Fuel Bill is really helpful he can help with tuning issues if you have any, jegs has baseplates for a reasonable price and they work well.

OK next dumb question. When I was reading on "gotpropane" web site it states his kit is rated up to 420 hp and when I called Bill to talk to him he stated his kit was up to 300 hp? I am running some where around 350-380 hp. He did state that was the kit everyone buys for their V8 rigs? Should there be a concern with the Nash kit?

Nash quoted me what I thought was a very reasonable price for the kit 2 sets of tank hold downs (although I am considering building my own) and base plate. I personally can't see where there is some huge difference but here is what I pulled from a post on pirate about it.

In this post he is talking about a Toyota kit. I am not going run a Toyota kit but it is interesting to hear what his differences are between the kits. Now I know his job is to pimp his kit harder than all the others because its his business. Where do I define fact from business BS?

got propane said:
I have been waiting a while for this topic to come up and I'm very glad it did I have never wanted to start a thread about this because I'm not trying to bash other vendors , even though they bash me and outright lie in their ebay ad. I am excited to be able to tell you all the differences. If you go to their ad it states "this is not a forklift kit it has been specifically designed for the toyota 22r engine". I find that interesting as the name of the company is Nash Lift Well, it's the same equipment that is on my forklift, and is also the equipment that I use to power the 1.3 and 1.6 samuri motors. Take notice how close some of the wording is to my website.
Lets compare apples to apples. Their toyota kit to my samuir kit.
1. I upgrade the mixer and regulator to silicone internal parts.
2. I use a proper fitting, K&N air filter.
3. I use re-useable aeroquip style hose ends so you can make your hoses the length you want, they are using a crimp style fitting that you stand no chance of repiaring or changing
4. I supply a bulkhead fitting with a pressure relief device
5. That is the typical forklift adapter I see in the picture
6. no water "y"s
7. I provide a custom machined adapter and a new throttle body that cost me $$
I charge the same price but give more.
I used to design alt fuel vehicles for the govt. It was my job to come up with a system that would be mass produced and installed. We had 3 other companies we were in competition with. We were graded on emissions output, ease of maintainance, and most of all performance!
Now to compare it to my toyota kit.
1. Yes I do use a model E regulator, dang right! It is upgraded internally to silicone and can handle superchargers, turbos, and mixer upgrades if you decide to run a larger motor in the future. They offer this as an option for $50 more. If you all only knew how silly it is to say that. I couldn't even imagine running a 100 with a E reg. You'd need custom fittings.
2. They use a 100 mixer where I use a 200. Huge size difference! Very important. I designed my own adapter when I found out that all that was available was the adapter the "other guy" uses. It was for the 100/125 series mixers. Too small in my opinion. I know there will be those of you that say they have it and it works well. It may work but you wouldn't want to get in a race against one of my kits Speaking of races, 1st place in f toy last year, 6th at KOH (22r), and good placement at top truck challenge and many other events.
3. 11 ft of hose YOU cut and screw the ends on where you please
4. Fuel pump blockoff plate
5. Correct air filter and also a filter for the breather on the valve cover
6. A $7 gasket from toyota that makes it happen
7. ALL clamps, hoses, y's needed
8. Powdercoated and cad plated tank brackets. Go ahead and get 'em wet and muddy
9. I use a 90 degree fitting where it comes off the tank as well as for the bulkhead, small detail but it makes for a much less stressed hose. $15 each
10. 1 year warranty, just can't be rock damage
11. I like an electric solenoid, again my opinion but they have 1 moving part and have only ever seen 1 fail.
12. I use a propane filter
13. I offer full tech support. I am master certified and have worked on just about every car/truck on the planet. I can picture what you're working on. I also own an auto repair shop in the phoenix area.
Sorry for the long drawn out post. I know I'm forgetting things and wish I knew how to word all this better. I am appaled that they say it is the same kit for $200 less. That is mis leading and not anything I would ever do. It is not the same at all and I don't really know what to do about that. I just hope people will use their common sense when they see it is bieng sold by a forklift supply company, and just by looking at the engine pictures of both kits installed. Notice how mine is about the size of the old carb? I would say their kit is "cute" You'll also notice that L.C. engineering sells our kit as well. We sent them a kit, they dyno tested and flow checked the carb #s and called me back to tell me they were perfect and flowed more than stock. This is the reason so many people gain power on my kits. I don't promise that but it is the common result. If they will lie about one or more things, why would you purchase it? My goal is to provide you all with complete kits, done right , safely. I take it personally that everyone is satisfied and they get their hard earned money's worth. I know better than to cheapen up my kit so it costs less. I will not be responsible for somebody's ruined weekend.
I am open to discussion on this and am glad it got brought up.
One last thing, I choked up when reading some of the kind responses replied by some of you. Thank You!

Ordered my **** from Nash, off of eBay. I had a hard time getting him on the phone but figured it out. Great prices and quick delivery. Also, used a 200 mixer and model e vaporizor like gotpropane specs out for the 22re.

Well I got him on the phone to order it. Actually twice but I also talked to him about set up and tuning for a little while and I think I got it pretty good. Funny part is I went to call him and got propane to talk about there kits. Neither answered the phone so I figured screw it I have heard good from both so first one that picked up got the order. Bill picked up so he got it. He told me once I got it all installed call him back and he would walk me through the set up if I needed to. Very nice guy. He does sound busy. I could hear the phone ringing and no one answering while I was talking to him. I figured get all my questions in while I had him.. molaugh

and it begins!!!! :dblthumb:

DSCN4124.JPG

By by problems!
DSCN4125.JPG

DSCN4126.JPG

DSCN4128.JPG

DSCN4127.JPG

DSCN4130.JPG

DSCN4131.JPG

DSCN4134.JPG

DSCN4135.JPG

DSCN4136.JPG

DSCN4137.JPG

It would be to your benefit to turn the bottles around so the top of the bottle is facing forward. The pickup tube in the bottles is in the bottom and it aligns with the hole where the bracket pin goes through the upper tank ring. When going uphill you want that pickup tube submerged in the fuel so the engine won't lean out from sucking vapor. The position of the bottles is critical for best performance.
My shop has been in the LPG conversion business in Birmingham for twenty years so if I can be of any help let me know.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

205-837-8871 cell

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com

Thanks! What about putting a 2" tube block under the end to angle the bottles? The only reason I ask is I like the way the bottles set because I can reach the valves without climbing in the back?