• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rail Buggy tech needed

Neal3000

Trying to help one of my friends out, he wants to convert his railbuggy over to chaindrive and eliminate his torsion bar and use coilovers but he can't find any build threads or tech on how to do it or parts list or anything, any help would be graetly appreciated! He's in the middle of swapping a 90's WRX engine in right now.

Tell your bud to check out woodsbuggy.com should find all he needs there..

^ what charlie said. if you can come up with burnerd burns phone number then he mite share some info if your nice to him lol hes out of athens TN

good friend of mine builds chainsdrives here in central AL.. we have rode rails together for years and over the last few he has gotten into the CDs.. PM me your # and i will pass it along, kevin is a good guy and im sure he will let you in on all the secrets thumb.gif

Thanks, i will pm you my friends number. We have both searched on woodsbuggy and there are pics and talk about it but no detailed parts lists or pic by pic build threads that i can find like you see on here and pirate

You pretty much have to have a machine shop to make all the parts I've got a buddy that works at a machine shop and he has luckily been smart enough to rebuild what little I have broke on mine they are pretty damn tough and hard to stop as long as you have momentum ill get you some pics of mine it was built by a guy in Georgia he built 5 of them and they all were different in little ways than others on the rear arms I've been around a lot of chaindrives and what I've seen they are really just extravagantly home made things. They also make the ones they call baby chains as well and they are just modified factory rear arms on the factory torsion with an extension made to the arms with an offset deal at the bottom that the lower axel goes through to tighten the chains weird but works.

Neal if yer buddy is local I got Terry Priests #,,,,and I just live rite down the road from Randy "stick boy",,,holler at me :dblthumb:

zukiscott said:
Neal if yer buddy is local I got Terry Priests #,,,,and I just live rite down the road from Randy "stick boy",,,holler at me :dblthumb:

Cool, he lives out in Conyers but he comes out this way from time to time