• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rap Question - Greatest Hits

Bones

That Guy
So I am wasting my day in cubeville listening to Pandora as always. Been in a rap mood lately and got to thinking....is there any artist that have/will/be alive to ever do a greatest hits album?

Most "artists" all collaborate with others and it's not like any will remember lyrics in 15-25 years while on stage like any other classic rock acts :dunno:

Discuss

nada.

I mean you never hear anything out of Snoop or Dre these days, and Ice Cube tried to act, and Ice T is an actor.

InDaShop said:
nada.

I mean you never hear anything out of Snoop or Dre these days, and Ice Cube tried to act, and Ice T is an actor.
Not saying I care or will buy them. Just ironic how popular it is and the originals just fade away, produce, do a reality show or Dr Pepper commercials

snoop made a good comeback some years ago.
dre with eminem and 50 a while back too, at least came into the limelight from almost obscurity.
You don't think Jay z will be able? lots of collaboration though
I'm not that big of a rap fan, especially since lil wayne came into and started influencing everyone to sing like frampton comes alive.
I like old rap

blacksheep10 said:
snoop made a good comeback some years ago.
dre with eminem and 50 a while back too, at least came into the limelight from almost obscurity.
You don't think Jay z will be able? lots of collaboration though
I'm not that big of a rap fan, especially since lil wayne came into and started influencing everyone to sing like frampton comes alive.
I like old rap

I'm Tired of Jay-Z. I like the old rap stuff as well..

-CharlieInTheTrees

Went from a question to an opinion thread bone thugs tupac and biggie have "greatest hits" not all rap sucks the whole crank dat phase sucked as well as the repeat lyrics over and over then incorperate them into another song is horrible but as far as som OG **** too short tech9 and some others was quality stuff

Classics with a good wheeling beat:

Going back to Cali
Brass Monkey, Sabatoge - anything beastie boys
O.P.P.
Me So Horny
Baby Got Back

tryed to put it on didnt work go to youtube dubblewide boys pretty good dont listen to much rap unless its ol school